PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo with 3 Cable tuners, dont work!

Kollo
15-05-12, 14:35
Just bought a ultimo with 3 Cable tuners, when I have only A and B tuner it works, but I cant get third tuner to function at all, do I have to do something special to make all 3 work? as soon as I plug in the third tuner there is no cable signal

tried both original image and black hole

Rob van der Does
15-05-12, 15:16
You were able to configure the 3rd tuner, or was it not seen by the box at all?

Only thing you can try than is to power off the box (with the power switch at the back panel) for a couple of minutes. Sometimes that does help.

The Jazzman
15-05-12, 15:33
I've found a problem like with my set up (3 x dvb tuners). The three all set up and function fine, but randomly the third tuner fails.

The only solution is to turn the unit off and on, leaving a short time between. Always seems to solve the problem.

Huevos
15-05-12, 15:54
Just bought a ultimo with 3 Cable tuners, when I have only A and B tuner it works, but I cant get third tuner to function at all, do I have to do something special to make all 3 work? as soon as I plug in the third tuner there is no cable signalAre you saying there is no signal on the third tuner, or that there is no signal on any tuner once you plug the third tuner in? How have you got it wired up? Are you looping from A to B to C? Have you tried plugging the aerial directly into C? Can you post a screengrab of tuner C config menu?

Kollo
15-05-12, 16:34
All 3 tuners show up and are enabled in the menu and all 3 are set up the same way

Turning the unit off and on does NOT help

There is no TV signal at all on ANY tuner once the third is installed, and the pass thru signal to the TV also goes away if you have a tuner in the third slot, but work if you have only 2 tuners

Yes I am looping from A to B to C

when you say... "Have you tried plugging the aerial directly into C" do you mean pluging the cable signal in to the third tuner (C slot) ??? ... then yes I have and there is NO signal at all

I have also tried all tuners one by one, and they all work perfect

Larry-G
15-05-12, 16:59
as your looping through the feeds from one tuner to the next and so on, have you tried supplying all 3 tuners with their own independent feed to see if that works ?.

Huevos
15-05-12, 17:17
There is no TV signal at all on ANY tuner once the third is installed, and the pass thru signal to the TV also goes away if you have a tuner in the third slot, but work if you have only 2 tunersThis doesn't sound like a configuration error to me. I'd talk to the supplier.

Rob van der Does
15-05-12, 17:59
And especially a cable box will always have loop-through's As there's no reason not to do so).
Sounds indeed as an RMA.

Kollo
15-05-12, 18:05
as your looping through the feeds from one tuner to the next and so on, have you tried supplying all 3 tuners with their own independent feed to see if that works ?.

Yes, but the there is NO signal at all when you put a tuner in slot C, regardles if it`s connected to any cables or not.

There is also a VERY faint buzzing ticking noise (not the fan) coming from somewhere near the tuners whenever a tuner is in slot C, but no noise if only slot A and B are used, Is that normal???

It also takes longer to boot the box to the meny if a tuner is in slot C, (and no signal at all as I said)

Larry-G
15-05-12, 18:07
Yes, but the there is NO signal at all when you put a tuner in slot C, regardles if it`s connected to any cables or not.

There is also a VERY faint buzzing ticking noise (not the fan) coming from somewhere near the tuners whenever a tuner is in slot C, but no noise if only slot A and B are used, Is that normal???

It also takes longer to boot the box if a tuner is in slot C

No it is not normal behaviour, and as i dont live in a cable area i dont have 3 cable tuners to test for you, but i do have 3 dvb-s2 tuners in my Ultimo and it works fine for me.

I would suggest you contact your supplier and arrange to send it back as faulty.

Huevos
15-05-12, 18:14
There is also a VERY faint buzzing ticking noise (not the fan) coming from somewhere near the tuners whenever a tuner is in slot C, but no noise if only slot A and B are used, Is that normal???Are you certain the tuner card is fully engaged in the slot? Or maybe it is trapping a neighbouring cable.

Kollo
15-05-12, 18:24
Are you certain the tuner card is fully engaged in the slot? Or maybe it is trapping a neighbouring cable.

Yes, I tried it one more time just now to be sure, still dont work

Huevos
15-05-12, 18:28
still dont workWell it looks like the consensus is contact the supplier then.

Trial
15-05-12, 20:09
Hi,
look at the tuner. When all tuner have a big additional capacitor on the back there are problems with Ultimo. In Germany the dealer gave permission to remove the capacitor. Ask your dealer about that. The capacitor should not be needed in the Ultimo.

Another thing I found was that when one of my TV sets is powered on AFTER I started my Ultimo my tuner 3 was missing. If the TV set was powered on before the Ultimo everything was OK.

ciao

Kollo
15-05-12, 22:49
Hi,
look at the tuner. When all tuner have a big additional capacitor on the back there are problems with Ultimo. In Germany the dealer gave permission to remove the capacitor. Ask your dealer about that. The capacitor should not be needed in the Ultimo.

Another thing I found was that when one of my TV sets is powered on AFTER I started my Ultimo my tuner 3 was missing. If the TV set was powered on before the Ultimo everything was OK.

ciao

Do you mean the big black thing? (see pic) does all three have to be removed or only the one in slot C ? does all Ultimo Tuners have it, or can you buy those who have not?

http://tinypic.com/r/ao2ays/6

Trial
15-05-12, 23:21
Hi,
in Germany it was told that removing one is enough. But better call your dealer and ask him. It should be a known problem. I do not want to be responsible if you lose waranty.

Ciao

gesendet von meiner Tablette

Kollo
16-05-12, 12:15
Hi,
ciao

Did you have the exact same problem as I did?

ciao

Do you still have this problem? does that mean every time you start a timer and the TV is not on the third tuner dont work?

Anyone else have problems like this with 3 tuners ???

Rob van der Does
16-05-12, 13:04
Anyone else have problems like this with 3 tuners ???
Yes, there are several Ultimo's experiencing different problems with tuner 3. I just returned my 2 Ultimo's with non-funcional 3rd tuner-slots as RMA.

Trial
16-05-12, 15:37
Hi Rob,
your problem is completely different.

The problem with 3 DVB-C with additional capacitor is know in Germany and several user reported that all 3 worked after they removed a capacitor from one tuner. But as I said PLEASE ask your dealer it must be know. I did not had the problem because I had special tuner without the capacitor and all were working at the same time.

The problem with the 3rd tuner and TV still exists BUT only with one certain TV (not with my Samsungs) and only on HDMI1 there. If I use HDMI2 on that TV it also works. In the meantime I only heard from one other Guy with an old Gericom TV that he has the same problem.

ciao

Rob van der Does
16-05-12, 17:52
Hi Rob,
your problem is completely different.
Correct. As I said 'there are several Ultimo's experiencing different problems with tuner 3'.