PDA

View Full Version : How do i install image

chrismarworth
14-05-12, 23:09
I have a Vu+Uno with the original image which I wish to replace with the latest ViX image and I am having no luck. Please help!

I have downloaded different images from the site unzipped them, and installed the unzipped files in a folder called Uno within another folder called vuplus placed on a memory stick formatted FAT32.

I have switched off the box, put the memory stick in the front USB port and switched on the Uno. The light on the memort stick flashes, I get a couple of quick messages on the display like press ch, but the box eventually ends booted up in the VU+ image.

What am I doing wrong?

In addition could if possibleyou advise how I can tell if I have the latest firmware, I presume I have as the box is brand new, but I would like to make sure.

Thanks for any help.

Larry-G
14-05-12, 23:13
when you power on the receiver wait until you see the message telling you to press a specific button. when you see this press the button it tells you to the front of the receiver and it will start the update process, if you dont press this button it will ignore the files and just boot up normally.

sorry i cant exactly remember and i'm at work so cant check which button it is but it does clearly tell you on the VFD of the receiver.

chrismarworth
15-05-12, 00:09
Thanks Pheonix, it was the 'ch-' button.

Quite amazing when you know what to do it works.

Thanks again

Chris:)

Larry-G
15-05-12, 00:18
no worries were all here to learn and help each other.