PDA

View Full Version : Loading Issue VU Solo

Sat A light
14-05-12, 16:54
Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me out here because I'm really at my wits end.

My VU Solo was working perfectly. One day on switching on it got stuck on loading screen.

I reflashed VIX image (2.2.1 I think) but the same problem persisted. I flashed Blackhole 1.7.2 to see if that would work. I'm pretty sure I flashed images correctly (front usb slot, nothing in rear, etc.).

If last channel viewed was fta, it loads fine but if it was another type, it just remains on the loading screen.

The cccam is active, 2.1.3 downloaded with TSpanel. IP address, etc. looks fine. I can only view fta channels now. Everything else looks as it should as far as I can see. I'm connected with homeplugs via wireless router. Have rebooted, unplugged for a while, etc. in an effort to solve this dilemma.

There are no problems with the Spiderbox (using same details - not at same time), I can view all channels.

I searched online and pestered my friend for an answer but to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas?

punisher
14-05-12, 17:04
Try booting it up with no network cable attached to the box...

Mr. Mister
14-05-12, 17:05
1st thing i would get rid of is the TSPanel..

Its not totally compatable with the Vix image.. ( Correct me if im wrong Vix Team.. ) But me personally.. I hate the thing.. and is the lazy persons way out..

FTP your vix compatable cccam 2.1.3 FOUND HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images) to the tmp folder.. and us the manual install in the Vix menu..

Also.. Try a reboot on your router.. As i have also found this to be an issue sometimes..

Larry-G
14-05-12, 17:20
1st thing i would get rid of is the TSPanel..

Its not totally compatable with the Vix image.. ( Correct me if im wrong Vix Team.. )

well lets see YOU ARE ViX team you dozy sod.

But me personally.. I hate the thing.. and is the lazy persons way out..

I could not agree more, TS-panel is a very lazy mans tool and worse still there is almost no quality control in the plugins it offers, you can very easily put your Box into a full on boot loop installing a lot of the muck that comes from TS-panel

Sat A light
14-05-12, 17:22
Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciate it.

I should have been clearer. I currently have the Blackhole image installed (with TSpanel).

I tried rebooting without network cable attached and same thing happens, info bar for ccam channel flashes briefly then it goes back to continuous loading screen.

If I down arrow I can get fta channels through epg but no others.

The use of TSpanel is down to lack of other knowledge rather than laziness in my case. I'm pretty ignorant of all but the basics.

Mr. Mister
14-05-12, 17:49
Sorry buddy.. I thought you were using Vix image..

well lets see YOU ARE ViX team you dozy sod.

Ops.. So i am.. Cant get used to this.. lmao..

Sat A light
14-05-12, 18:24
OK, deleted TSpanel gone. Manually installed cam 2.1.3. FTP'd cccam,cfg.

Still no joy I'm afraid.

Anything else you can suggest?

fintannl
14-05-12, 18:32
if you click blue button do you see two cams installed (one is common interface and the other is cccam). i suspect you will only see one. blackhole is notorious or finding compatible cccam cam.

Sat A light
14-05-12, 18:54
I can see CCcam_2.1.3 on screen and Common Interface when I hit right arrow

fintannl
14-05-12, 19:06
if this is the case then your config file for cccam.cfg is incorrect. the fact that cccam 2.1.3 is showing means that it is compatible with the image. if you go to /var/etc you will probably find, if you edit cccam.cfg, a load of junk and not what should be in the file

Sat A light
14-05-12, 19:12
Do you mean right click on cccam.cfg file and view/edit?

When I do this I just see the file in notepad and looks fine, nothing else there.

When I do it again it says 'selected file already being edited'. Is this significant?

Or do you mean something else? (Apologies, a real novice)

fintannl
14-05-12, 19:15
if it looks how you expect it to look then have no idea. sorry !!!!

Sat A light
14-05-12, 19:17
Thanks anyway. This is really starting to get to me. Everything looks fine otherwise. The same file works fine on Spiderbox.

Really strange but must be something I'm missing.

judge
14-05-12, 19:21
Have you set permissions on CCcam.cfg? Try 755

Sat A light
14-05-12, 19:24
Please bear with me, how do I do that?

judge
14-05-12, 19:26
use an ftp client, browse to /etc/CCcam.cfg & right click on it, most will have an option for setting permissions.

Sat A light
14-05-12, 19:31
Thanks, set to 755 and rebooted.

No difference unfortunately.

All the boxes except 'group permissions - write' and 'public permissions - write' were ticked. Is that correct?

fintannl
14-05-12, 19:35
the 755 is not necessary on cccam.cfg but is necessary on the cccam 2.1.3 binary file on var/bin

Sat A light
14-05-12, 19:38
Checked cccam 2.1.3 file in var/bin and permissions set at 755

Sat A light
14-05-12, 19:43
If I view the cccam 213 file in var/bin it should just be gobbledy gook right?

Sat A light
14-05-12, 20:06
Don't believe this. I got distracted doing something else and channels just came on!

There's still an issue though obviously.

fintannl
14-05-12, 21:25
ok, so you are paying for a cline that aint great. not the right forum for your questions

Larry-G
14-05-12, 21:30
well as this is obviously a matter which can not be discussed here i am closing the thread.