PDA

View Full Version : Rytec Epg plugin.

stanley1
21-08-10, 17:34
can't find rytec plugin anywhere, have looked in plugins and packet management, only getting now and next in epg

Regards

irishchris
21-08-10, 17:45
hi guys

i installed new vti 2.0 image today and noticed rytec epg has been removed from it and it says has to be installed manually. have tried that and although was never a problem before now with this oe1.6 image it will not install and had many errors.

anyone had joy installing it or how do yee get epg if not with rytec

bob1
21-08-10, 18:07
Same problem here ,no doubt its going to take some time before its sorted out.

eire
21-08-10, 20:05
Has anyone been able to get this manually installed? I just keep getting errors.

charliesen
21-08-10, 21:25
I take it this is just a problem with the Vti image ?
It's working just fine on dreamelite

eire
21-08-10, 21:27
I take it this is just a problem with the Vti image ?
It's working just fine on dreamelite

Yeah seems to be, i was using it fine on dream-elite a few days ago and just decided to try out VTI. Think i'm gonna have to head back to dream-elite.

pooface
21-08-10, 21:41
dream-elte is fine, because they have the older oe version...

charliesen
21-08-10, 21:51
Looks like i will be sticking with Dream-Elite for a while then.
The epg is the most important thing on the box for my wife lol

eire
21-08-10, 22:00
Is there any epg for the vti 2.0 image then? Or should i revert back to the older version?

irishchris
21-08-10, 23:11
ok i have rytec installed and downloads epg data as normal and restarts to cache the data. however when it restarts it has no data!!

irishchris
21-08-10, 23:46
ok checked hard drive and epg.dat was renamed instead to epg_new.dat so i renamed it back to epg.dat and restarted box and presto worked!! :p

eire
21-08-10, 23:49
Sweet, how did u get it going? Its the only thing making me think of goin back to dream elite.

irishchris
22-08-10, 08:14
ok firstly two python files are missing so the Following Files must be installed

python-zlib
python-compression

You can install it via

Menu -> Setup -> Software management -> Advanced Options -> Paket Management (scrolling to the letter p) then find pythons named above and just oress ok on them and it will install them.

then ftp and install enigma2-plugin-extensions-xmltvimport_1.0-r21_mipsel.ipk from rytec.be to /tmp/

next setup a new folder called epgimport in etc folder and chmod 0755
copy the rytec.sources.xml with FTP to the directory /etc/epgimport

then restart enigma 2.

i have found it then works as normal download and restarts enigma as normal but when you restart enigma it is not there. so once enigma restarts check in hdd foolder. there you will find file named epg_new.dat which you should rename to epg.dat. finally restart enigma again and there is your epg for 7 days

phew tired after typing that :D

Sicilian
22-08-10, 08:42
Does the epg_new.dat file need to be re-named everytime it updates?

bob1
22-08-10, 08:45
I still can't get it to install after installing python-zlib and python-compression.

irishchris
22-08-10, 08:50
if it does not install normal way then just copy the epgimport folder i have attached to usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugin/extensions and chmod it to 0755. also add new folder to etc called epgimport(chmod it also to 0755) and add rytec source file into it. restart enigma 2 and will appear in your plugin list

Sicilian
22-08-10, 08:58
@ Irishchris, can you confirm what happens to the epg.dat file when it updates? Does it have to be renamed every-time an EPG update it performed? Can you do a manual update to confirm please.

irishchris
22-08-10, 09:10
no probs mate. yes i tried it again and has to be done everytime
also can anyone confirm if andyblacs satmateimporter works with latest vti image???

andyblac
22-08-10, 09:14
@ Irishchris, can you confirm what happens to the epg.dat file when it updates? Does it have to be renamed every-time an EPG update it performed? Can you do a manual update to confirm please.

manual update without a reboot, requires a patched version engima2, PLi and DE are patched to allow this, dont think VTI or others are, (mine is though shhhh)

andyblac
22-08-10, 09:15
no probs mate. yes i tried it again and has to be done everytime
also can anyone confirm if andyblacs satmateimporter works with latest vti image???

it should do, i will test later today for you :), and make tweaks if needed.

andy.

mickbrush
22-08-10, 09:24
Come on andy dont be a tease if your image is anywhere near as good as the skin you made it must be good have you based it on the new 5.1 with the latest driver updates.

andyblac
22-08-10, 10:04
Come on andy dont be a tease if your image is anywhere near as good as the skin you made it must be good have you based it on the new 5.1 with the latest driver updates.

yes it based on Vu+ 5.1, it is nearly ready beta testing, just needs some more alpha testing by Sic, Pooface and myself, but it has modified version of rytec's epgimport that allows you to mix .dat's and rytec's xml files, i have tested it with satmate_sky_UK.dat and satmate_sky_IT and Rytec CanalSat XMLTV and Rytec Nordic XMLTV with no problems.

andy.

andy.

bob1
22-08-10, 11:31
if it does not install normal way then just copy the epgimport folder i have attached to usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugin/extensions and chmod it to 0755. also add new folder to etc called epgimport(chmod it also to 0755) and add rytec source file into it. restart enigma 2 and will appear in your plugin list

What attachment:confused: ,been trying all morning to install it but it just keeps coming back with errors,i'm ready to take this back off but would prefer to keep it on ,the lack of epg is the only thing letting it down.

Sicilian
22-08-10, 11:38
yes it based on Vu+ 5.1, it is nearly ready beta testing, just needs some more alpha testing by Sic, Pooface and myself, but it has modified version of rytec's epgimport that allows you to mix .dat's and rytec's xml files, i have tested it with satmate_sky_UK.dat and satmate_sky_IT and Rytec CanalSat XMLTV and Rytec Nordic XMLTV with no problems.

andy.

andy.

Just to tease Mickbrush a bit more, I've just tested the EPG grabber with Rytec NL, UK, Csat, D+, Polond, Sly DE, Sly IT :p Working sweet ;)

pooface
22-08-10, 12:51
Just to tease Mickbrush a bit more, I've just tested the EPG grabber with Rytec NL, UK, Csat, D+, Polond, Sly DE, Sly IT :p Working sweet ;)

lol, that's cruel :p hehe...

Would love to tease some more and post some screenies, but suppose best not be cruel :p (or is it crueler by not posting them?! :p)

bob1
22-08-10, 13:02
just release it for beta testing ,given up trying to get epg to work on vti ,when i change the epg_new.dat to epg.dat and reboot the file is lost:smash:.

mickbrush
22-08-10, 13:07
Just hurry up with the alpha testing you lucky F@@kers lol

Sicilian
22-08-10, 13:47
Just hurry up with the alpha testing you lucky F@@kers lol

Shouldn't be too long. Needs to be finished before its released.

OldSkulRide
22-08-10, 14:39
release modified rytec for other images too, like pli :P

Sicilian
22-08-10, 14:48
Can someone with latest VTI 2.0 check if there's any reference to PLi in /etc/image-version please :)

cervot
22-08-10, 14:55
just checked my vti 2.0 see below

ing version=1000201008191456
comment=Vuplus
target=9
creator=Kpt.Iglo <kpt.iglo@vuplus-support.com>
url=hxxp://xxx.vuplus-support.com/
catalog=hxxp://xxx.vuplus-support.com/

pooface
22-08-10, 21:34
release modified rytec for other images too, like pli :P

Think part of the problem is within the actual image code...

Doesn't rytec still work with current pli image anyway?!

mickbrush
22-08-10, 22:30
pooface post the screen shots im bored and need somthing to drool over cant even be bothered with the new VTI now I know Andy is working on an image.

Zupy
23-08-10, 07:53
To me rytec is working ok with epg_new.dat file - no need to rename it to epg.dat.
Also if box crached or symilar file stays on hdd - just need to restart enigma (GUI) and epg is back.