PDA

View Full Version : Feed Hunting System and Motorised Dish advice - Many Questions! Help please

AthleticsNut
13-05-12, 00:17
Hello everyone,

Based on the feed finding system I could get around 20+ athletics meets I wouldn't get on UK TV which would like it worthwhile for me.
I must stress I am still a novice hence why I don’t know most of these things but I am learning surely but surely.
I know for what I want to do I will need a motorised dish. I will most likely want to put it into the ground or place it on the grass in my garden.
Also I want to watch everything through my PC. Reason being is that I’ll rather save the shows/broadcasts I want to keep on the Hard Drive rather than put things on lots and lots of DVDs. I can assure you I will be very grateful for all of your assistance so if you can help me please do :)

1) HD PVR Questions
• Can I get one which Records one channel or feed whilst I watch another.
• Will I be able to save channels on it such as freesat channels and other European channels under numbers or an organised list?
• How would I connect the PVR to my PC so do my viewing through my PC

2) PC Card Questions
• I was thinking of buying a BGT3600 Premium multi-tuner PCI express card. This allows you to watch freeview and satellite (Not sure if it’s just Freesat or Satellite, I think that it is both). Would I be able to use this instead of receiver? That way I have more space and also.
• Another Reason why I ask is because I want to be able to record and keep whatever I record. With BGT3600 I know I will. A PVR will normally record programs to hard drive but they are recorded in a special format which cannot be read on a PC so therefore cannot be edited watched like any other video file.

3) Do you know of another PC Satellite Viewing card that does Blind Scans? Whilst writing I just realised I haven’t researched it with regards to the BGT3600

4) What is the best system you could recommend to me given the information I have shared on this site? (Obviously I want an effective system whilst getting value for money  don’t we all)
5) I live in North London in the Tottenham/Edmonton area. I don’t particularly want a massive dish but I know it will be bigger than 60-70cm at least based on my research. I’m going to list these feeds I got from a French feedhunting site. Based on what you can see here and my location. What is the smallest size motorised dish you think I could get away with?

Jamaica International Invitational 2012 MPEG-2 4:2:0 (PAL) Eutelsat W3A (7.0°E)
Athletics:Golden Grand Prix in Kawasaki 2012 MPEG-2 4:2:0 (PAL) Eutelsat W1 (10.0°E)
IAAF World Challenge Meetings(Daegu) MPEG-2 4:2:0 (PAL) Eutelsat W3A (7.0°E)
Grande Premio Brasil Caixa de Atletismo-Rio de Janeiro MPEG-2 4:2:0 (PAL) Atlantic Bird 1 (12.5°W)
Fanny Blankers-Koen Games in Hengelo MPEG-2 4:2:2 Atlantic Bird 2 / Télécom 2D (8.0°W)
Ostrava MPEG-2 crypté Eutelsat W3A (7.0°E)
Rabat Meet MPEG-2 4:2:2 Eutelsat W6 (21.6°E)
Znamensky Memoria MPEG-2 4:2:0 (PAL) Eutelsat W1 (10.0°E)
meeting in Madrid MPEG-2 4:2:0 (PAL) Eutelsat W3A (7.0°E)
Meeting Athletics from Rieti Atlantic Bird 1 (12.5°W)
World Challenge meeting from Berlin MPEG-2 4:2:0 (PAL) Eutelsat W1 (10.0°E)
World Challenge meeting from Zagreb 4:2:0 (PAL) Eutelsat W1 (10.0°E)
World Youth Champs Lille(dvb-s2) MPEG-2 crypté Eutelsat W3A (7.0°E)

Indoors

104th Millrose Games from Madison Square Gardens MPEG 4:2:0 Eutelsat W1 (10.0°E)
French Indoors MPEG-4
Athletics Indoor Meeting Pas-de-Calais from Liévin 4:2:0 Eutelsat W1 (10.0°E)
Athletics: meeting indoor from Zaragoza 4:2:0 Intelsat 905 (24.5°W)
indoor athletics from New York 4:2:0 Eutelsat W1 (10.0°E)
XL Galan from Stockholm(s2/hdtv) 4:2:0 Eutelsat W3A (7.0°E)