PDA

View Full Version : Missing Channels

stumpey
12-05-12, 06:40
I am using SGTFlipFlop channels but I cannot view a few channels on my Vu. When I move to Sky News HD, Sky Arts1 HD or Sky 3D I just get a blank screen, with an AGC 21 and SNR 0%. I have all other channels with a strong signal just not these !. In my efforts to resolve this I have even changed the LNB for a new one but still no joy. Also reloaded the channel list , tried Catseyes and silverfox lists but just have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Thx
Steve

Trial
12-05-12, 06:59
Hi,
have you tried a channel scan? Your bouquets stay unchanged when you scan.

ciao

stumpey
12-05-12, 07:07
I have tried a manual scan and even a blind scan but still no change !.

Steve

stumpey
12-05-12, 07:45
After further checking all these channels are on one transponder 12460 I just checked the sat finder and there is no signal from this transponder on my system !! All others are booming through!

Steve

stumpey
12-05-12, 09:39
This is getting stranger I have done the following and still an empty transponder.

Put the lnb cable straight onto my old sky dish and sky lnb ( I dont use this now put still in place)
Taken out the DiSEqC switch and directly cabled the lnb to the receiver
Changed all the F plugs
Put my old Blade box in the system to check it was not the Vu+
new lnb ( Smart Titanium )
Checked focus/position with sat meter all ok
Multiple scans blind scan etc

Still no transponder 12460 at a loss now run out of ideas !!

Steve

Trial
12-05-12, 16:12
Hi,
have you a DECT telephone? If yes turn off the power of that. Normally the problem is with 12480MHz but who knows.

ciao

TK4|2|1
12-05-12, 16:27
Also worth a check, if you or your neighbors have a speed camera detector in your car, even if ignition is off cig socket might stay powered.
Or if you're really unlucky a local microwave link is interfering.

Trial
12-05-12, 19:07
Hi,
if your problem has the cause in external devices like DECT or speed camera detector it is only indicator that your cabling has a problem so check cables and especially connector. I hat these f-type garbage.

ciao

stumpey
13-05-12, 09:27
I have some signal on these channels this morning not great but at least some ! Checked dect phone etc but not the problem, but there is a microwave / phone tower about 500 meters from my house so that may be the problem?

Dont really want to change the cabling as the dish is at the back of the house and the box is at the front!!

Steve

satmanbasil
13-05-12, 13:21
Hi Mate

Say you reloaded the channel settings but did you reload the original one you had or the latest online could be a simple transponder change they switch them around often making space.

regards

stumpey
13-05-12, 14:21
Using the latest channel list and checked the missing channels against king of sat all ok!!

Steve

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

stumpey
14-05-12, 15:25
Problem resolved new 80cm dish and single lnb, now sky arts hd1,sky news hd etc all banging through at 75% :-) even though there is thick cloud and rain.

Steve

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

pobreton
01-10-12, 15:01
Hi I was browsing through the treads and I stumbled across "Missing Channels". I'm having exactly the same problem with my UNO, the same channels as well plus quite a few N/A. The strange thing is that when I exchange my UNO for a friend's SOLO everything is available including 3D! The SOLO loads about 1100 channels while the UNO only detects 750! I'd appreciate any ideas on how to resolve the problem. Cheers