PDA

View Full Version : is 1 vu+duo better than another

clem58
11-05-12, 23:57
I was planning to buy an vu+ultimo but i was advised to buy a vu+duo in stead, due to the fact that i don't really understand the software. Can any of you guys recommend a good quality box? I'm not really interested at the min in getting that deep into it , just want to watch.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR REPLIES

judge
12-05-12, 00:08
Using a duo will be as simple as using an ultimo.
You will have more options with the ultimo, all depends on what you want to do.

Mr. Mister
12-05-12, 01:13
Judge is pretty much correct..

Using a Ultimo is basically as easy as using an Solo..

it all depends on what you want to do with your stb..

Do you want to watch and record at the same time. ?

If you dont.. Then you defo do not need an Ultimo.. Or a duo for that matter..

All you need is a single tuner box.. So you either get a Vu+ Solo.. Vu+ Uno.. Or an Xtrend ET6000..

it all boils down to whatever you want the stb to do..

clem58
12-05-12, 02:49
I want to be able to enjoy at least the same the same options that are on either SLY , VERMIN, OR FEE SHOT. Pause R W, F F,RECORD MAYBE 1 OR 2 watch another. I know a little bit about linux as i had it on my ps3. I want to be able to connect an external hdd watch hd content. I know its a bit of a learning curve, but i would like a box that i might be able to explore a little bit at a time without being frightened of arsen it up. I feel that if i get my dictionary out i might be able to get an understanding of the terms of reference used. Asking 1 question at a time might be a good place to start. The unit must be black
be capable of the above, but i think 3d ready might be a bit to expensive. So i leave it in your capable hands to advise me as to what i can enjoy by taking 1 step at a time.If i can add the likes of firmware or other things like firmware after have the box under my roof , then that will be a big help on not having to decide what i must instal before it gets here.You can help me decide over the next week or so which unit, then have almost 3 mths to learn about it. Thanks mr mister you have put me at ease about this site and i now know you and the rest of the forum will try to help me get sorted. Very much appreciated :):thumbsup:

Larry-G
12-05-12, 05:58
I want to be able to enjoy at least the same the same options that are on either SLY , VERMIN, OR FEE SHOT. Pause R W, F F,RECORD MAYBE 1 OR 2 watch another. I know a little bit about linux as i had it on my ps3. I want to be able to connect an external hdd watch hd content. I know its a bit of a learning curve, but i would like a box that i might be able to explore a little bit at a time without being frightened of arsen it up. I feel that if i get my dictionary out i might be able to get an understanding of the terms of reference used. Asking 1 question at a time might be a good place to start. The unit must be black
be capable of the above, but i think 3d ready might be a bit to expensive. So i leave it in your capable hands to advise me as to what i can enjoy by taking 1 step at a time.If i can add the likes of firmware or other things like firmware after have the box under my roof , then that will be a big help on not having to decide what i must instal before it gets here.You can help me decide over the next week or so which unit, then have almost 3 mths to learn about it. Thanks mr mister you have put me at ease about this site and i now know you and the rest of the forum will try to help me get sorted. Very much appreciated :):thumbsup:

just for the record, there all 3D ready providing you also have a TV that supports 3D.

eblaster101
12-05-12, 09:21
i would go for the duo if i were you.

Sicilian
12-05-12, 09:48
This really depends on your budget, go with the Ultimo if within your budget range, if not the VU+ Duo or Xtrend ET9200.

Dont forget your forum member discount http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12662-%A35-discount-off-any-satellite-receiver-we-stock-to-forum-members-only!&p=91591#post91591

clem58
12-05-12, 15:38
Thanks for your post, EXTrend ET9200 looks the business, i read a few reviews as well as others who have this reciever. The price is ok, it gives me a bit of scope for things i may want to add before i go to check out, ie hdd, firmware and what not. So thankyou for your selection, pleased with it. :)