PDA

View Full Version : Standby mode still draws 27 watts !!!

lscolman
11-05-12, 17:06
Hi,

I recently bought a great little device to check how many watts my devices were drawing.

I managed to confirm that my plasma wasn't drawing as much as I had originally thought, so that was good.

When I plugged it into my Ultimo it shows that when on its drawing between 27 and 33 watts. In standby the figure remains static at 27 watts!!!

Is there something I need to enable to get it to power down properly?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Lee

Trial
11-05-12, 17:13
Hi,
you can use deep standby and then it should be <1W. You can set up that a push on the power button enter directly deep standby.

I use 5 different timer so that my box automatically went to deepstandby at night or when I am at work and also went to standby when I wake up or when I come back from work.

ciao

lscolman
11-05-12, 17:19
Thanks for that. Yes that now shows as 0 watts being drawn.

The box must have been costing me a fortune in electricity !!!

Cheers, Lee

Rob van der Does
11-05-12, 17:54
Don't forget that in 'normal' standby the whole box remains active. Only some minor power-consumers (audio-and video output) are being switched off. Also LNB and HDD will be switched off, unless a recording is in progress.
Power consumption in deepsleep should be less then 1W: only the IR- and RTC are active then.

Huevos
11-05-12, 19:15
The box must have been costing me a fortune in electricity !!!Here electricity costs about 0.12€ per kW/h (less after 10pm). That translates into about 1€ per watt/year. So 27 watts translates into 27€ per year (or about 2.25€/month).

Trial
11-05-12, 22:09
Hi,
in Germany it costs twice as much. You are lucky with this low costs.

Ciao

gesendet von meiner Tablette