PDA

View Full Version : Newbie traveller

Sleepy
11-05-12, 07:10
Hi folks,

Not only am I a newbie on here, I'm a traveller and I have my new Eaglebox HD Miquestion ni with me here in Asia, Got it connected and working with a diseqC and 3 dishes so far, but gonna need some help finding out how to easily add loads more new sats.

Have posted a question (Editting database) about this on the Eaglebox Mini subforum 10 days ago, but no responses at all so far, so looking for guidance now on how to more effectively ask the right question in the right place.

Sicilian
11-05-12, 07:11
Hello and :welcome: to the forum :)

Regards your question you might get more response over on the Alsat forum.

Stanman
11-05-12, 10:56
:hello: and :welcome: aboard mate

Sleepy
11-05-12, 12:50
Thanks for the welcomes and for the suggestion to try Alsat which I'm now doing. However if there's anyone here in the meantime who can recommend Linux based software capable of reading and editting databasesys_xxxx_yyyy.bin files, I'd still appreciate a response on my "Editting the database" thread here in the Eaglebox Mini section.

hotguy
11-05-12, 18:32
A Warm Welcome To Ya...

Sleepy
17-05-12, 06:35
Thanks hotguy.

Actually I've posted another new thread in the Eaglebox HD Mini section here, and I've tried posting some simiilar queries on alsat like Sicilian suggested, but despite plenty of reads, none of these are getting any response.

Something must be wrong with my questions or the way I'm putting them, and I'd like to find out what it is and see if I can correct them.

I guess part of my problem is my unfamiliarity with the Mini's software, what we can do with it. I'm not into terminology like "softcam keys", "c-line", "cccam", and what we can do with them. At this stage though, I'm not really looking at unscrambling any channels. Neither am I really clear what "supersettings" are for or whether I really need them. I don't even understand the scope and power of "patches" and how adding new ones would affect new satellite data I've already tediously added manually via my remote.

Perhaps if I'd started with a Dreambox or some similar classical PVR, I'd have gained a better understanding of the Eaglebox Mini and how to manage its features, but I didn't, I jumped straight into the Mini!

Anyway, I'd very much appreciate it if someone could have a quick look at my "Editting the database" and my "LAN and internet use" threads and make some suggestions about how I could repost my questions in a better way