PDA

View Full Version : EPG VTI Image

eire
21-08-10, 14:17
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone can help. I have been using the dream-elite image on my vu+ duo since I got it and think it's an excellent image but last night I decided to try out the VTI image. I love the look of it but I cant seem to get the epg working for uk channels. When I go to blue panel-plugins-epg import I select sources so uk is crossed then do a manual update and wait for the download to complete but I am always getting 0 events and no epg shows up on my channel lists. Also when I ftp into the box there is no epg.dat in etc. I know i'm new to this image but its layout is so much different.

Just in case it's a hdd issue is there a way to change the directory to save the epg to like the dream-elite where i can save it to usb?

Also is there a way to get the satmate epg for sly on this box?

Any help is appreciated.

andyblac
22-08-10, 09:56
try my plugin.

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?975-Satmate-Sky-UK-updater

eire
22-08-10, 10:40
Thanks mate, i'll give it a go.

bob1
22-08-10, 16:43
Thanks worked straight away ,wish i had seen this hours ago:baby:

bob1
23-08-10, 18:35
It seems the box goes into standby when restarted or turned on now ,can this be altered.

irishchris
23-08-10, 18:55
yes i noticed that as well.same happens mine. starts rebooting and then powers down to standby. takes few press of power button on remote then to come back

bob1
23-08-10, 19:15
Sorted it, start up to standby was enabled in the setup menu.

guff daddy
23-08-10, 19:43
The plugin install will also install the Startup to Standby plugin and enable it - I think the reason is that the EPG download is timed for 2.00am so you may not want your box on all night.

bob1
23-08-10, 20:42
I turn mine off at night so the 2.00am update isn't going to work.

andyblac
23-08-10, 23:01
I turn mine off at night so the 2.00am update isn't going to work.

that ok, when you turn on your box in the morning it will automatically check for an updated .dat file on their server.

andy

bob1
24-08-10, 07:26
that ok, when you turn on your box in the morning it will automatically check for an updated .dat file on their server.

andy
Works great,thanks.

Zupy
25-08-10, 07:20
Be careful - update image from vti feed kill a epg for me. I try everything - only helps delete dat file and uninstall plugin and then after restart install again.