PDA

View Full Version : Duo Vix 2.3 memory full?

Returner70
10-05-12, 23:48
Hi can anyone help?

I have a VU+ Duo bought from WOS and it arrived yesterday, it has the latest Vix image 2.3 with 3.1.1 kernel, build 204.

I am a complete novice and trying to find my way around this amazing box of tricks but after updates and trying to sort out the EPG it keeps crashing and will not reboot properly, it just hangs.
I cannot find anywhere to free up the memory, which i've seen it state was a problem when it hung.
Can anyone point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance.

judge
10-05-12, 23:52
Are you downloading EPG to the internal flash?

Returner70
11-05-12, 00:00
Yes i think i did by mistake yesterday as i didnt expect it to fill up to be honest.
I installed a hdd before i plugged it in and thought that anything it downloaded would be setup to save to that.
I've read on another forum there is an ipk that cleans the memory as it stated some of the du's have a memory leak with this latest image?
I've hit a brick wall now.

basilyoung
11-05-12, 00:06
if you do a hard restart,...power down, ie; switch off the unit, then afer a minute or so..restart the unit, this should fix the problem for now

Returner70
11-05-12, 00:13
Hi thanks for the reply, iv'e had to do that a few time now and it doesn't appear to make any diference.
I'll give it another go now and see how i get on.

Mr. Mister
11-05-12, 00:31
Change the destination of where you want the EPG to save to..

Instead of Internal flash.. Change it to media hdd..

Returner70
11-05-12, 00:37
Hi, I've already tried that earlier and it crashed and rebooted and i checked the settings which had gone back to default.
I've also just done a cold reboot as suggested above and tried to copy a .cfg file over to the etc folder but i'm continually getting not enough space.
I'm using a mac btw and the duo is in the finder so its already mapped and easy enough to copy and paste files either on to the hdd or the root.

Returner70
11-05-12, 00:43
I've just gone in to the epg to change the destination again and started to come back out and restart enigma2 and it's crashed again?
I have 2/3 of a blank screen with the vix logo spinning on one side and half of the report logfile on the other side.
I'll have to do a hard reset again.
Any help on this would be appreciated.

judge
11-05-12, 00:53
So sounds like you've filled flash memory, pain in the ass...
But as you're new to VU & VIX, no harm in learning to re-flash the box.
It's an easy lesson & well worth the short learning time.
Download the latest public release (build 204 & no need to worry about bootloaders as you got an up-to date box from WOS), flash it, stick a USB stick in the back for EPG and all will be fine.

Returner70
11-05-12, 01:07
Thanks Judge, i'll give it a go tomorrow.

Huevos
11-05-12, 13:19
So sounds like you've filled flash memory, pain in the ass...
But as you're new to VU & VIX, no harm in learning to re-flash the box.Should be able to just delete the epg from the flash. Telnet to the box, "init 4", delete the EPG.dat file from the root directory, and then "init 6".

Someone correct me if this is not quite right.

Rob van der Does
11-05-12, 18:03
The file may be located in etc/enigma2

Returner70
11-05-12, 22:11
Thanks guys for the help and info, i managed to reflash the duo and set it up with a 4gb travelmate usb pen in the rear so i can save the epg to that instead of the flash memory.
I've sorted out pretty much everything i need apart from the epg if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.