PDA

View Full Version : How to connect a TBS3102 5 Crystal Phoenix Card Reader to the TM800 HD

simon4545
10-05-12, 23:24
Hi everyone anybody bought one of these 16768 It stated that it was a card programmer but I could not find any software on the web that would work for it. Please could someone post some links to software which work with this if they have had any luck thanks. Anyway I bought this a few months ago and did not have any luck with it, and a few day's ago I had the idea of connecting it to my TM800 (My first linux box!) as a second card reader, I also have a valid sly card which had problems freezing in the built in card slot. I searched the web and I found out that these type of recievers use 5v instead of 3.3v which the sly card needs and that some people have had there cards burn't out because of it, this is probably why my card freezes now and again can someone confirm that this box uses 5v? right, now to connect the card reader first set the jumper to 3.3v then set the mode to phoenix and the frequency to 3.579MHz on the TBS3102. Open a connection to your box and goto /etc open CCcam.cfg with notepad or any other editor of your choice and add these lines:

SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0
CAMKEY: /dev/ttyUSB0 11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88
CAMDATA: /dev/ttyUSB0 11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 99 aa bb cc dd ee ff
DISABLE EMM : no (If you disable this your card will not update)

Save and FTP CCcam.cfg back to your box and then put in your Sly Card and restart CCcam and you should have freeze free viewing and without the worry of destroying your card hope this helps everyone who has bought this card programmer at least I have found a use for it instead of it laying around in the draw for the last few months. Other cards might need the voltage and frequency changed depending on which one is used also this should work with most card readers/programmers. This is my first post and I hope this is useful good luck to everyone!!!