PDA

View Full Version : Streaming to iPhone...

selondoner
10-05-12, 10:35
Just wondered if anyone currently has this working from their Vu box with ios 5.1?

My experience:

Ive been a proud owner of a Vu Duo for a month now and set up, using dyndns, dreaMote to add timers away from home.
What Id like to do is get streaming sorted away from. Have BT Infinity so technically should have enough upload strength to do it.

Possible solutions
iStreamgate - streaming works over wifi but not away from home. (can access bouquets but streaming doesnt work. Just get 'Error, Failed to open stream'
Dreambox LIVE - Expensive app so haven't got it. Reviews seems to suggest ios 5 has broken it.
Airplay - Read around and again seems ios5 has broken it. Interesting thread here (http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?postid=1713105&sid=cab60e17278aa378e49d7071b8cfb3d7#post1713105)
VLC streamer - Is this an option for iphones? (preferably not jailbroken)

Ideally Id like to get my PC to re-encode the stream to help with upload restrictions.

Be keen to hear whether anyone else has a current working solution.

vunewbie
11-05-12, 23:41
Dreambox live is free if you jailbreak iphone :)

75mak
12-05-12, 04:11
Free method to stream without jailbreak is to use two apps.

Dreamote lite
And
Oplayer lite or goodplayer lite

Using dreamote just select your channel and instead of zapping use send channel to goodplayer

It will then stream the channel - this should also work over the internet if you have the router setup correctly and will work on 5.1