PDA

View Full Version : browsing network

ovi
09-05-12, 17:57
Hello i have the following problem when i try to scan my network with my ET9x00 the enigma2 Vix image 2.3 crash , what can i do?
How to make the media player to play from a local network? is that possible?
Can someone guide me?
Regards

lost_one
09-05-12, 19:41
Hi Ovi,

My network is automatically seen by my Windows XP machine, but I'm having a hell of a time with Windows7. I can mount a network share with W/XP but not with my W/7 machine. I can see and transfer files via my network on my W/7 machine, but it won't mount a share, even with the advanced settings on Mount manager(scan a specific I.P. range). The ET can see my W/7 machine...I.P. address, but will not see/mount a share/folder.

I'm going to play with it this weekend, hopefully, I can help you.

lost_one
18-05-12, 17:20
I still can't mount a network share on a W/7 machine. In "Mount Manager", it recognizes and displays the computer's IP address and computer name, but I can't get any further. It's strange because my XP machine mounts a share everytime with no problems, using the same settings on the Xtrend.

Has anyone mounted a network share with W/7?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maxwell
18-05-12, 17:55
Tutorial here in the Vix support centre http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15974-How-To-Setting-up-Windows-Network-Share

lost_one
21-05-12, 17:25
Thanks for the info and link. I got it working now.

The funny thing is, I'm not exactly sure what it was. After several restarts when updating channel lists/EPG(totally unrelated), it finally showed up in Info-->Devices-->Network Servers. It's playing streams fine now.

Ovi,

Have you tried the Expert(Blue) button when in network browser. You can enter your PC's IP address and do a manual scan, this was the only way I could originally get the ET to see/recognize the PC on my network. One other thing I noticed, it took a hella-long-time to complete the mount on W/7, VIX spinner for about 10 min. with only one 150MB MP4 file in my shared folder.