PDA

View Full Version : Vix 2.3 extensions do not install

andyking35
09-05-12, 16:32
I am trying to install the startuptostandy plugin for Xi 2.3.

I found it under menu->setup->vix->manage extensions->system but after selecting ok it simply so 0 packages were installed, updated or removed.

When i revisit the page, the plugin has not been installed. I have tried some other plugins and the same happens.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

andyking35
03-06-12, 18:56
Does anyone have a solution to this? This is clearly a problem with the vix image so maybe a vix developer could comment.

I checked the log file and have the entry:

executing opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-startuptostandby
poll: unhandled POLLERR/HUP/NVAL for fd 58(16)
eHdmiCEC: received message
child has terminated
pipes closed

basilyoung
03-06-12, 19:04
if you are trying to download plugins via the unit...it wont work..Vix 2.3 is not surported on the feeds any more...you need to upgrade the image to 2.4

andyking35
03-06-12, 19:06
Yeh I've already upgraded to 2.4 and the same problem occurs. None of the plugins will install.

Where can the plugins be downloaded directly from so i can try installing the ipk manually?

basilyoung
03-06-12, 19:11
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?20-VU-Plugins

have a look here,..it might help

basilyoung
03-06-12, 19:12
I think to down loads feed is off line at present, this is why you cant download

andyking35
03-06-12, 19:16
I think to down loads feed is off line at present, this is why you cant download

The main plugins is down but the Vix plugins still works. This also isn't the reason as I have been trying this for over a month.

basilyoung
03-06-12, 19:21
what plugins are you trying to install?
and are they available on the downloads via the unit?

or is it, you have the plugin installed, but its not working, if so which plugin?

andyking35
03-06-12, 19:26
I am trying to install the startuptostandy plugin for Xi 2.3.

I found it under menu->setup->vix->manage extensions->system but after selecting ok it simply so 0 packages were installed, updated or removed.

When i revisit the page, the plugin has not been installed. I have tried some other plugins and the same happens.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

As per my original post, the plugin in particular i'm trying to install is startuptostandy. I have tried numerous packages and most say 0 packages were installed. Some did state that 1 package was installed e.g. the filebrowser, but after there is nothing in any of th emenu options and when i go back to the extensins page the package is not highlighted as being installed.

There's clearly a problem with the vix extensions (not to be confused with the enigma2 extensions which work fine).

basilyoung
03-06-12, 19:30
this plugin is for the old 2.3 image, thats possibly why you are having a problem, but cant be certain,
I will asked one of the developing team to have a look for you

Larry-G
03-06-12, 19:37
ViX 2.3 is no longer supported, updated nor maintained, im not even certain if ViX 2.3 has access to the feeds any longer as so much has changed in the way the image works and connects to the feeds since then. if your using ViX 2.3 you may need to install your plugins manually or via another method than the feeds.

punisher
03-06-12, 19:44
Hes updated to vix 2.4. Will try and install it ere from feeds see if it works but could just be the plugin

andyking35
03-06-12, 23:39
this plugin is for the old 2.3 image, thats possibly why you are having a problem, but cant be certain,
I will asked one of the developing team to have a look for you

I have not managed to get any of the plugins to work so it seems the whole vix extensions process is corrupted. Would be good for the developers to check the whole section out and find out why. Thanks.

Rob van der Does
04-06-12, 05:24
I have not managed to get any of the plugins to work so it seems the whole vix extensions process is corrupted. Would be good for the developers to check the whole section out and find out why. Thanks.
Since we did an enormous amount of testing and never found any problem in this area, could you provide us debuglogs of your attempts? Without them we'll never be able to solve anything at all.

And what happens if you go to the pluginbrowser (long-blue) and try to install plugins from there (green)?

andyking35
05-06-12, 17:43
First of all, it's easy to reproduce the problem. Simply go to the vix extensions menu and tried to install some add ons for yourself and you'll see the problem. Secondly, the long blue press takes you to the enigma2 plugins menu and not the vix extensions menu.

Anyway, I believe I have found the problem at your end. There are far more extensions under the vix extensions menu than under the enigma2 plugins menu. If I select a plugin via vix extensions that also can be found under the enigma2 plugins menu, then it will install. If it doesn't exist under the enigma2 plugins menu then it won't.

For example, I selected the file browser and vlc player extensions from "menu->setup->vix->manage extensions->system", then they install as they exist under "menu->plugins->download plugins->system". If I then go back to the vix extensions menu then the plugin will be highlighted as installed.

The startuptostandy plugin in question, does not appear under the enigma2 plugins menu and just under vix extensions. This is the case with a lot of extensions so don't understand why there are far more under vix extensions than under the enigma2 extensions.

Hopefully this is just a case of missing ipk files which can be resolved easily :D. Is there anywhere else to get the vix extensions from?

I have attached the relevant section of my log file for your perusal.

andyking35
09-06-12, 18:33
Any update on this?