PDA

View Full Version : signal 26 east badr 4

stevesom
08-05-12, 13:52
hi my first post,i have a 1m motorised set up and a vu duo, i can get good signals from 30w to 28.2e on around 10 sats,i set up my system on 0.8w on bbc world with a snr of 98%,the problem i am having is i cannot get channels on 26e i did manage to tune in some channels on 12682.00 but they are poor or no signal at all, i adjusted my dish on 26e got a signal lock but still no channels then i found i had lost some sats and my signal dropped on other sats,i have now set it up again on 0.8w and everything is fine again apart from 26e ,i replaced my lnb to an inverto ultra this improved my snr but not enough for 26e,i have tried fine movements i do get a signal lock but when i search for channels the duo doesnt seem to be searching does anybody have any ideas? i cannot see how i can get a better signal without losing other sats, im in south wales and i have read people a lot more north can pick it up.thanks for any ideas.

stevee

tandaman
08-05-12, 14:03
I would say you need a bigger dish mate. 1m really is on the border of that sat

digi247
08-05-12, 15:02
Badr4 on 26° east is receivable on a 90cm and up but does need to be fine tuned in as it is mm's from 28.2° have a look for the MBC channels on 11919 H 27500 3/4 these are pretty strong and you should have no problem picking them up on your 1m dish

stevesom
08-05-12, 17:14
Thank you for the replies what would be the best way to fine tune the dish at the dish itself or via the vu duo reciever and how would i do it from the reciever
thanks

digi247
08-05-12, 18:14
Thank you for the replies what would be the best way to fine tune the dish at the dish itself or via the vu duo reciever and how would i do it from the reciever
thanks

If your using USALS through the Duo then you can either adjust the dish yourself which like i say its literally MM's, Or switch to Diseqc 1.2 and move it manually via the receiver

Sicilian
09-05-12, 15:33
An easy way to tweak is adjust the longitude up or down, west/east. Start with increments of .100. You will need to swtich back and forth another satellite to test.

stevesom
09-05-12, 19:25
An easy way to tweak is adjust the longitude up or down, west/east. Start with increments of .100. You will need to swtich back and forth another satellite to test.

i have been trying this but not with the increments you have written i will try it again when the weather improves,could it be that i set up on 0.8W Rather than another satellite as my logtitude is 3.40? but as i have said i am getting good signals on other sats.

stevesom
26-05-12, 18:19
just an update my alsat motor arm was a little loose and the dish was dropping only a couple of mm i could not get a lock after tightening a little and messing around with the dish elevation on 5w and then changing my longtitude on the reciever i can now recieve badr with a signal of around 30% rising through the day i am now going to try and focus the lnb and see if i can improve it. thanks for the help.
steve