PDA

View Full Version : Sumvision Cyclone MKV2 and optical out

supathug
21-08-10, 06:48
Hi All,

Finally took the plunge and bought one of these from eBuyer for £70. It plays everything I have thrown at it but the only problem I have is that optical out does not seem to work properly into my Samsung HT-X30 amp/DVD player.

Most of the time no audio can be heard when plugged directly into the amp via toslink but sometimes it will decide to work for around 1-2 mins before starting to distort and die completely.

I have the toslink cable working with this amp with my VU DUO and my blu-ray player so I know its not that (I did try others just in case). I have also tried different media (DTS, AC3 etc) to see if its that but that isnt it either Anyone have any experiences with this problem and this unit and how to sort it e.g. firmwares etc? I have raised an RMA with eBuyer in case its faulty but if anyone has anything that I could try in the meantime before they collect I'll give it a go.

Thanks

Supa

Sicilian
21-08-10, 09:27
Try changing the audio settings.

Setup > Audio, mine is set to SPDIF RAW.

Hope that helps.

supathug
21-08-10, 16:50
Hi Mate tried that already. Oh well, looks like its back to eBuyer unless anyone else has any ideas?

Sicilian
22-08-10, 06:03
What firmware is on the unit?

Are the menu's red or black?

supathug
29-08-10, 09:48
Hi Mate,

Just an update to this. Got my new MKV2 replacement from ebuyer - plugged it into the amp and boom! Lovely DTS audio straight away from my Toy Story 2 MKV. Plays everything you throw at it. The other unit must have been faulty. Anyways happy days!