PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] VIX 2.3 - Samba and AFP Issues

pacha2
07-05-12, 11:32
I'm having issues getting SMB and AFP working properly.
I have them both enabled in the GUI and are now running and started.
Basically I am looking to access the recorded files from a number of devices including the iPad.

Samba
For SMB I can mount the drive on my Mac fine and browse the files, but the issue I have is when using BuzzPlayer on the iPad.
BuzzPlayer complains "You do not have Permission to open the share smb://192.168.1.4/Harddisk/ , please check the login information.
This happens if I connect "As Guest" or with the root credentials.

So I tried to setup some real samba users and modify the smb.conf, but it seems smbpasswd is not installed.
I managed to find that over on the I-Have-A-Dream forum (which is in German) but executing that give me an error

Failed to open /etc/samba/private/secrets.tdb
pdb_generate_sam_sid: Failed to store generated machine SID.
PANIC (pid 802): Could not generate a machine SID

BACKTRACE: 1 stack frames:
#0 [0xffffffff]
Aborted

Is there something else that can be done to configure SMB users?

So I got a bit stuck trying to get Samba working, but buzzplayer also support AFP so I thought I would try that.

AFP
All installed, but not really working. First tested again from my Mac using afp://192.168.1.4 . It prompts for user/pass or Guest.
If I select Guess, it says there are no share available
If I enter the root user/pass I receive "The version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem."

So I'm not sure if it is working, but trying with BuzzPlayer does not give an errors, it shows an empty list. So Again I'm not sure if it is working.

Are there some config files on the VIX image for AFP?

xscope
20-09-13, 12:40
I have same issue as you did you find any solution to this ?

Rob van der Does
20-09-13, 13:15
I have same issue as you did you find any solution to this ?
Well, this is a 16 month's old thread about a completely other image ..... :confused:

DRAGO.NET
20-09-13, 13:45
THE PROBLEM IS STILL.

I have the Vix on Ventn HD3, and I can not access the server, also, I can not connect the NAS to turn on the HDD of the network.

Rob van der Does
20-09-13, 15:43
Please update to build 742 and see if that helps.