PDA

View Full Version : Sata interface

Bigtag
07-05-12, 09:54
Hi folks,
I have just purchased a VU+ Duo and am awaiting it's delivery. While awaiting I am collecting as much info from this great forum resource as possible. I have a question; I am going to install an internal HDD but does it make any difference if the HDD is Sata 2 or Sata 3?

Stanman
07-05-12, 11:18
No as 3 is backward compatible.

TomD
07-05-12, 12:42
Hi folks,
I have just purchased a VU+ Duo and am awaiting it's delivery. While awaiting I am collecting as much info from this great forum resource as possible. I have a question; I am going to install an internal HDD but does it make any difference if the HDD is Sata 2 or Sata 3?

Internal hard drive is definitely the best option. I tried external and even a networked hard drive, but all were problematic - now very happy with my 1TB internal HDD.
BTW remember you will still need a USB stick for epg and picons, otherwise the HDD will have to spin each time you check the guide.

marty
08-05-12, 08:20
BTW remember you will still need a USB stick for epg and picons, otherwise the HDD will have to spin each time you check the guide.

Not a problem if you use permanant timeshift ;)

Rob van der Does
08-05-12, 08:59
Sorry to say, but that is not correct:
1- For Picons the internal flash is the very best location, and
2- EPG is fine on (internal)HDD, as EPG-data is always kept in RAM.
epg.dat is only written upon closing enigma (so that the data is available again after a reboot), so the location is of no importance.

So there is no good reason, let alone a need, to use an USB-stick if an internal HDD is available.

marty
08-05-12, 09:17
I have mine here /usr/share/enigma2/picon

XRD
08-05-12, 16:13
I thought the internal flash wasn't recommended for picons? Is there enough space for the zoka.cc picons, they are 8MB/3000+ files (I think, from memory)?