PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Uno, DVB-S2 USB tuner and VIX image

chrismarworth
06-05-12, 23:32
I am thinking of buying my son a Vu+Uno for his birthday. At the moment he has access to only one LNB which is part of the reason for buying the Uno. In the future he may have access to additional LNBs and want a twin tuner machine.

As I understand, he can add one or more usb tuners and turn the Uno into a twin or even a multi tuner machine. I would appreciate confirmation that this is correct and advice on whether the VIX image is able to support additional tuners.

Thanks

Stanman
07-05-12, 11:32
Any box can be turned into a twin / triple tuner using USB tuners but you need to make sure drivers are avilable for it.

The UNO and all boxes supported by VIX are able to have a USB Sundek USB tuner added no problems whatsoever - using one here.

Also has support for USB T2 and analogue tuners for terrestrial tuners .

chrismarworth
07-05-12, 23:59
Thank you very much for you clear and comprehensive advice, it is appreciated. Your sponsor will receive an order for an Uno later in the month. Thanks again.

Stanman
08-05-12, 17:50
Your welcome mate, dont forget your discount code, PM before ordering.

chrismarworth
08-05-12, 18:24
I first ordered my non sky box, a Duo, a couple of weeks ago, today I received an Uno I ordered last week and I had not asked for a discount code for either, got a bit excited with the ordering particularly the Uno as she who must be obeyed thought another box in the bedroom was a good idea. I will ask for a code before ordering the Uno for my son though and also ask if the offer is retrospective! The other thing I noticed is a HDD mounting kit supplied with the Uno which I did not get with the Duo, I will ask about that too.

I have not had chance to set the Uno up as yet and am intrested to see if there really is a noticable difference in speed.

Anyway thanks again for your help Stanman.

Larry-G
08-05-12, 18:30
I first ordered my non sky box, a Duo, a couple of weeks ago, today I received an Uno I ordered last week and I had not asked for a discount code for either, got a bit excited with the ordering particularly the Uno as she who must be obeyed thought another box in the bedroom was a good idea. I will ask for a code before ordering the Uno for my son though and also ask if the offer is retrospective! The other thing I noticed is a HDD mounting kit supplied with the Uno which I did not get with the Duo, I will ask about that too.

I have not had chance to set the Uno up as yet and am intrested to see if there really is a noticable difference in speed.

Anyway thanks again for your help Stanman.

you should have received the HDD mounting kit with the duo as it's included as standard with all Vu receivers except the Solo as that does not have room for a internal drive. make sure you check the packaging thoroughly as it should be in a separate bag.