PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the front display on vu+ Ultimo

jamie-warez
06-05-12, 14:38
Hi all
i am having a Problem with Front display Vu+ Ultimo....
When i thirst power on mybox after its been without power overnight the front display is blank once its booted into enigma2. if a do a full system reboot the screen works fine...
it only hapens if the box is without power for a long time..

don't know if this is a Hardware problem or software....

Red apple digital. want me to sent it back!:mad:

Do you think this is a HW problem or just SW
I have tested 3 different images and all do the same...
On latest VIX now

Larry-G
06-05-12, 14:52
It's possible that it's a hardware fault on your machine although it's certainly the first time i have heard of any one suffering such a problem and my own Ultimo does not.

jamie-warez
07-05-12, 15:46
Hi my i have made a YouTube video of my problem please have a look...
I think its a HW problem myself.just want to be sure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNuf7Z0JHj4

Trial
07-05-12, 18:47
Hi,
is the box in deep standby or completly switched off/unplugged over night? With deep standby it is not normal.

Ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2

jamie-warez
07-05-12, 19:06
Its off at the wall the box is used in comershal premises so it got to be off at the wall

Trial
07-05-12, 19:24
Hi,
my second Ultimo is plugged out regularly for several days very often and the display always showed information up to now. So it is not normal. For me it looks more like a HW problem.

ciao

Stanman
07-05-12, 22:32
Thats not normal. have you had a look at he display settings to see if its anything in there?

Also might be worth checking the internals in case you dislodged anything when fitting an internal HDD.

Dell_XPS
08-05-12, 10:56
Yup that's not right m8, watching cash in the attic....lol, nah your display must have a fault, send it back.

jamie-warez
08-05-12, 23:41
Box getting picked up tomorrow, for replacement.
Thanks All for the info

Yup that's not right m8, watching cash in the attic....lol, nah your display must have a fault, send it back.