PDA

View Full Version : Vix crashing is back

wazza_2
05-05-12, 20:43
Hi I noticed that about 4 weeks ago that a lot of people including me was getting a lot of crashes with the latest vix image , mine have come back these last few days and noticed that other people are getting the same again, makes you wonder what's going on behind the images with everyone getting the same issue. Hopefully the new image comes out soon and we will be able to not wonder when the next crash will be. Thanks

punisher
05-05-12, 22:38
crash logs?

wazza_2
05-05-12, 23:31
there is no crash log there as my box randomly comes up with the vix logo in the corner and doesnt let me do anything until i switch it off at the plug.the channel i am on still plays but that is as far as it goes.

alibx11
06-05-12, 04:11
Same here, am getting fed up with the latest release crashing and freezing. whenever i turn my receiver on every day to watch something the screen freezes and the vix logo appears top left, sometimes it spins quite quickly other times it rotates fractionally every time and takes ages, best to just unplug and reboot machine.
Am currently trying out other images until this can be corrected.

judge
06-05-12, 12:57
Same here, am getting fed up with the latest release crashing and freezing. whenever i turn my receiver on every day to watch something the screen freezes and the vix logo appears top left, sometimes it spins quite quickly other times it rotates fractionally every time and takes ages, best to just unplug and reboot machine.
Am currently trying out other images until this can be corrected.

Have you PTS enabled?

alibx11
06-05-12, 22:12
Hi judge, sorry if it's a stupid question but what is PTS?

scrupples
06-05-12, 22:21
permenant timeshift

alibx11
07-05-12, 22:00
No Permenant timeshift is not enabled.

I have gone back two versions of the images and have had no trouble so far.
now using ver. 2.3 build 133