PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 v iMac

tandaman
04-05-12, 19:13
I have a windows 7 pc which was xp but upgraded. I was thinking getting an iMac. Would you guys stick with pc or change to Mac

punisher
04-05-12, 20:57
Well i took the plunge from windows to mac and i wont be going back simple as that :-p

Mr. Mister
04-05-12, 21:00
Stupid question here punisher..

Is all the software available for a mac that we use to update our STB`s.. ??

DBEdit.. VU+CC.. etc etc..

Larry-G
04-05-12, 21:02
Stupid question here punisher..

Is all the software available for a mac that we use to update our STB`s.. ??

DBEdit.. VU+CC.. etc etc..

nope.

there is IdreamX but thats about it.

Mr. Mister
04-05-12, 21:14
Cheers buddy..

Dont see the point in changing to a mac then.. lol

judge
04-05-12, 21:27
Cheers buddy..

Dont see the point in changing to a mac then.. lol

why, what would you use?
IdreamX, telnet & ftp is all you need, isn't it?

Mr. Mister
04-05-12, 21:30
Yeah.. I suppose thats true..

I guess its all in what your used to..

Too much cash to spalsh out on a mac.. and them maybe not even like it..

judge
04-05-12, 21:34
yeah, pricey kit, but worth it if you can afford it.
never met anyone who went back to windows after going mac.
saying that, i'm a linux user & for some strange reason, there are no linux tools for an enigma box...
so dreamboxedit through wine is what I use, ftp & telnet not an issue.

punisher
05-05-12, 00:30
Yeh idreamx does it all and you also have telnet. You can still do streaming aswell and it looks great :-p i love ma dell laptop too but i wouldnt be going back to it. I gave it to the mrs lol but now she wants a mac too after using mine lol

sivhead
06-05-12, 16:51
I would never have a MAC over windows7 I would rather use linux than MAC OS. now its not that I am Apple hater, I love the Ipad, but the mac os is nothing compared to windows7.

WOIIFTM
06-05-12, 17:47
I own a Mac mini that hooks up to 32" LED TV. I'm running Windows 7 together with OsX via VMWare Fusion with full inter OS file support and even drag and drop between OsX <> Win7.

I have always used Mac and did own a PC for a long time just to do stuff that would only be possible on a PC. But now there no need for a second computer.
And yeah, I could run Linux next to Win7 and OsX if I wanted to.

My experience is that compared to a PC a Mac requires much less maintenance and is usually less prone to software issues. I prefer maintaining a Mac over a PC because I feel more 'at home' with a Mac than with a PC. And that's all there is to it, you should run the computer you're happy with. Try to test drive a Mac and then make up your mind.

batool100
10-01-14, 13:02
Huh well i have window7 and i am much satsfied of that ...

Andy_Hazza
21-06-14, 13:08
Personally I would never go back to Windows PC. Love my iMac, you realise what a pile of poo a windows pc is when you go apple. I've never looked back, really is a truly amazing piece of kit/software. Love it!!

mrxbox360
21-06-14, 17:59
i was a windows user for years until two years ago when i bought my i5 macbook pro / it took a few weeks to get my ahead around it & now i hate using windows based machines.