PDA

View Full Version : defected to blackhole 1.7.3

jmjc0112
03-05-12, 22:17
I hope VIX team bring a new image out/update as im fed up with daily crashes so have defected to blackhole for the time being. Love the VIX image but just too unstable. Hope to return soon!!!!!!!!

mcquaim
03-05-12, 22:38
I have a feeling you will return soon enough ;)

snakie
04-05-12, 05:07
Try to reinstall image ,enable swap on usb( very important).That should prevent from crashing your machine.I'm using 1.7.3 and it's rock solid.Far better image than all others together.

Sicilian
04-05-12, 05:21
I hope VIX team bring a new image out/update as im fed up with daily crashes so have defected to blackhole for the time being. Love the VIX image but just too unstable. Hope to return soon!!!!!!!!

Looked through your forum posts, not a single crash report posted :rolleyes:

stick50jr
04-05-12, 06:15
Looked through your forum posts, not a single crash report posted :rolleyes:

Mine doesn't crash either.... usb tuners just stop working. The image seems stable so long as I don't record from usb tuners and if I do, then do a re-boot afterwards. Currently doing a reboot every day with the power manager. Same problems with the OpenPLi when I last checked. Still hanging in with Vix...

cheers

yanzui
04-05-12, 07:51
Blackhole is a good image but if you truly prefer VIX, you need to do a little troubleshooting.

Try a fresh install and introduce your normal settings 1 by 1 over a period of time. Apart from the odd freeze and a spinning vix sign for a little longer than usual, I don't get any issues at all with the latest VIX image.

It takes 15 minutes from start to finish. Worth it if you like the VIX interface.

That's without doing an automatic or manual scan. I tend to just throw the latest SGTflipflop settings in there and just import MrMisters in there. They just seem cleaner than the rest and touch wood works a treat.

PS. Get your crosspeg downloaded to a USB stick, if you're not already.

BadBoy
04-05-12, 08:18
Set a daily reboot in power manager, this stopped my weekly crash

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

gordyboy
04-05-12, 08:30
really like vix but since i switched to blackhole solid, no crashing or recording issues..............

andy2110
04-05-12, 09:17
my vix box was crashing loads or at least i had to restart every day but ever since i used the info on this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?17843-Have-to-restart-my-boxes-every-single-day my boxes have both been ok

jmjc0112
04-05-12, 12:18
Gonna try a fresh install of vix tonight.
I have crossepg on harddrive ideally would like to keep it there.
Iknowstoring it on a usb provides quicker seek times. The only plugins I use are openwebif and my tube.

Larry-G
04-05-12, 12:53
OpenWebif is included in the base image so no need to install as a plugin.

Huevos
05-05-12, 18:58
Iknowstoring it on a usb provides quicker seek timesThat's not true. EPG loads at boot and from then on it is held in the RAM.

Spoof
05-05-12, 20:25
I'm on Nemesis and I've never had a crash. In fact, I've only rebooted the box a dozen times or so since I've owned it (2 weeks, LOL). No seriously, it's a couple of years +
Spooof

portbhoy
05-05-12, 23:43
Why is everyone jumping off of Vix? If you don't like the current image go back to the one you used before and wait for the new release, simples! I can't get on with any other image now Vix is just far to fast and functional I'm using 2.2.1 with no issues an like many others await the relese of the new image.

Mr. Mister
06-05-12, 03:03
Why is everyone jumping off of Vix? If you don't like the current image go back to the one you used before and wait for the new release, simples! I can't get on with any other image now Vix is just far to fast and functional I'm using 2.2.1 with no issues an like many others await the relese of the new image.

Agree with you 100% buddy.. I really dislike all other images.. Just cant get on with them..
I know im in a priviledged position to be Vix beta tester.. And i do have access to the latest Vix beta images..
If i was in you guys position.. like i was 8 weeks ago.. I too went back to Vix 2.2.1..

All i can say is.. Hang in there.. You have already spent more time on Vix 2.3.. Then you will have to for the next Vix image release.. Wont be long now..
And i have said this in numorious threads already.. The next Vix image will be well worth waiting in.. You guys will defo not be disappointed..

jmjc0112
09-05-12, 13:50
After several more crashes vix icon just spinning stb manual reset required. No crashlogs produced thus I'm giving blackhole image a shot till a new vix image is released.
Blackhole first impressions seem good once set up been stable for 24 hrs.
Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

im85288
09-05-12, 14:52
After several more crashes vix icon just spinning stb manual reset required. No crashlogs produced thus I'm giving blackhole image a shot till a new vix image is released.
Blackhole first impressions seem good once set up been stable for 24 hrs.
Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Is that the new 1.7.4 version with the "parallel" universes? I ask as I'm on 1.7.3 and debating whether to try the new version or wait for the new Vix.

gordyboy
09-05-12, 15:01
Give 1.74 a try you wont regret it

jmjc0112
09-05-12, 22:17
Is that the new 1.7.4 version with the "parallel" universes? I ask as I'm on 1.7.3 and debating whether to try the new version or wait for the new Vix.

Just 1.7.3 for now. seems solid so far no crashes ect but a bit complicated for the wife.

gordyboy
09-05-12, 22:21
complicated? with catseye channel guide its like vix without the crashes :)

jmjc0112
09-05-12, 22:36
using sgt flipflops guide.
Two negatives so far with bhole is to get to multi epg up arrow the 3 then sports for eg to show sports channels epg for 2 hrs.
And to stop recording is a pain to find. found it after 5 mins of messing on in menu - timer.
Guess im used to vix short cut buttons but stability is priority atm.

Likvid
09-05-12, 22:39
my vix box was crashing loads or at least i had to restart every day but ever since i used the info on this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?17843-Have-to-restart-my-boxes-every-single-day my boxes have both been ok

Maybe you use a clone?