PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Whoopee! 7 days without a glitch or crash!

GAH2402
03-05-12, 21:46
Hi Guys,

As you'll work out from my thread title, I'm a happy bunny!

I've had my Vu Duo around a month and previously the longest it ran using the latest VIX image was 48 hours. Now i've managed a whole week without a single problem, and to be honest it's down to TWO settings!

Every time I'e given up on VIX and tried another images (Blackhole, Blackpole, VTS), I've saved my current version of VIX. Every time I've had another try at VIX I've started with my saved version, NOT a brand new install. My saved verison has no extra plugins added, and I have a USB for picons and a 32GB swapfile, and a HDD for recordings. Only got 1 EPG source set (28.2 Open) and I don't automatically download EPG updates, I do it manually every couple of days. Everything else is more or less standard.

Anyway, all I did this time was change the Logs settings to NO for detailed crash log and debug log. This is because of a post I read regarding HDD's not going into standby. I also changed the Power Manager setting from a nightly restart to a nightly Gui restart as it ALWAYS caused a problem on a restart (usually it restarted but it would lock up with no remote functions working). I haven't tried switching the Power Manager settings off altogether, but I'm quite happy to do a Gui restart every night.

Edit: Just wanted to add I HAVEN'T ran any of the suggested commands or used the plugin to help with memory leaks!

So that's me, a happy bunny!

GAH

basilyoung
03-05-12, 22:01
A very welcome post, nicely detailed, thanks

GAH2402
04-05-12, 08:40
Hi basilyoung,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm really pleased, and I've definitely turned a corner! Box is still up, so now it's EIGHT days!

GAH