PDA

View Full Version : @silverfox

morashid679
30-04-12, 00:55
When will you be doing your latest update please.

I tried to add the changes via dbedit but, it just messes up the numbering.

Thanks.

Mr. Mister
30-04-12, 00:57
Silverfox will release an update on 1st May..

Also from May onwards.. I will be releasing a new set of Silverfox / Vix bouquets on the 10th and 20th of each month..

morashid679
30-04-12, 14:25
Thanks for your update.

I appreciate your work in doing this.
This list has made it easy for a lot of senior citizens who are used to the sky numbering.

rossi2000
30-04-12, 15:58
you can also use the DreamboxUK Database/Frontend to create an up to date 28.2 channellist for you whenever you feel like it.
it has the sly numbering system aswell.

Larry-G
30-04-12, 16:20
yup however even thats too much effort for the more lazy users out there who just want to press a button and have every thing done for them. Another reason why i so dislike TSpanel and alike as they breed severe laziness in this hobby.

morashid679
01-05-12, 01:54
you can also use the DreamboxUK Database/Frontend to create an up to date 28.2 channellist for you whenever you feel like it.
it has the sly numbering system aswell.

Where is this frontend??

I'll try again with that.

@phoenix, I do try and not just wait for other people to do all the work for me.

I'm just a bit slow in understanding.
Also my present work schedule is so hectic and being there for my new baby girl prevents me from committing a lot more time in this.

Update: I found the front end.
I'll have a play with it and get back if I have any problems.

judge
01-05-12, 02:02
yup however even thats too much effort for the more lazy users out there who just want to press a button and have every thing done for them. Another reason why i so dislike TSpanel and alike as they breed severe laziness in this hobby.

pheonix, I'm all for making people learn, but I'm also for making options easy...
My 78 year old mother is now using VIX easily, but having to come home to do what are simple options to some is a pain in the ass...

Larry-G
01-05-12, 04:00
Where is this frontend??

I'll try again with that.

@phoenix, I do try and not just wait for other people to do all the work for me.

I'm just a bit slow in understanding.
Also my present work schedule is so hectic and being there for my new baby girl prevents me from committing a lot more time in this.

Update: I found the front end.
I'll have a play with it and get back if I have any problems.

I did not aim my reply towards your self and i do apologise if it came across that way, it's obvious that you are new to the hobby and picking things up as you go.

pheonix, I'm all for making people learn, but I'm also for making options easy...
My 78 year old mother is now using VIX easily, but having to come home to do what are simple options to some is a pain in the ass...

again mate sorry my comments were not aimed towards persons like your elderly mother. my comments were aimed towards those who are perfectly able to do this for them selves but there just too lazy to do so. Those who always instantly hit the forum as soon as their channels go dark or change frequencies without at least reading a few pages to find out why.

morashid679
01-05-12, 04:29
I did not aim my reply towards your self and i do apologise if it came across that way, it's obvious that you are new to the hobby and picking things up as you go.

No offence taken m8,

Just wanted to clear the air.

I appreciate all the work the "VIX" team puts in for us and I for one will always be.

It's not as easy this stuff.
But it's worth the effort. 

Mr. Mister
01-05-12, 10:29
Hi buddy..

Me personally.. I dont like the DBUK frontend / database..

You will find Silverfox bouquets here..

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8059-ViX-Team-Enigma-2-HD-settings-for-28-2E/page2

Just use DB Edit.. and ftp them to your box.. Easiest option by far..

morashid679
01-05-12, 13:44
Hi buddy..

Me personally.. I dont like the DBUK frontend / database..

You will find Silverfox bouquets here..

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8059-ViX-Team-Enigma-2-HD-settings-for-28-2E/page2

Just use DB Edit.. and ftp them to your box.. Easiest option by far..

Normally, I do that.

It's just I tried updating some channels which were moved around and blacked out.

I just couldn't get it to stay the same with the numbering as I was adding and removing channels on the list and in the end resorted to making this thread.

When a channel has changed freq and does not work in your bouquet.
How do you replace without messing all the rest up??

Thanks

Stanman
01-05-12, 21:02
just drag and drop from LHS to RHS and delete the other one

morashid679
01-05-12, 23:48
just drag and drop from LHS to RHS and delete the other one

Sorry m8,

What's LHS & RHS?

gedclarke
01-05-12, 23:52
Sorry m8,

What's LHS & RHS?

Left hand side & right hand side....I think

Stanman
02-05-12, 22:32
Left hand side & right hand side....I think
yes it is:)

ash888
04-05-12, 13:55
is there no silverfox bouquet released this month?

rossi2000
04-05-12, 14:07
you can make your own from the database and frontend and make it for your area and then ftp them to your box, no need for dbedit in the end.
you can wait for silverfoxes if you wish or just create your own new set when you want to.

Stanman
04-05-12, 19:57
Doesn't look like it mate, his busy at the moment so no release from him so far.

His one made with BM16MCC's frontend

Mr. Mister
05-05-12, 00:34
As Silverfox is busy at the moment.. I will do an update on the Silverfox bouquets tomorrow and and post them here tomorrow evening..

ash888
05-05-12, 14:53
much appreciated

Mr. Mister
05-05-12, 17:15
Updated now guys.. and ready for your download..

DeGea468
10-05-12, 19:02
Thanks for this, I was wondering when updated ALICE Picons would be made? (Maybe not for a while as SliverFox is busy) with the latest Bouquets i'm getting some Picons not showing up as they haven't been updated to match the changes of the Bouquets

Also i noticed with the latest Bouquets that instead of ITV HD for channel 103 it says UTV :confused:

Also there is no Adult category anymore, however a good thing was the categories were more in order of how sly have it. I usually had to re-order them manually with each release.

Mr. Mister
10-05-12, 19:13
Sorry about the UTV.. That happens to be my ITV region..

I will amend this fater next release..

Adult is there in my bouquets..

DeGea468
10-05-12, 19:28
Oh right i see, no worries and thanks for working on amending.

i'll have another look and reload a fresh copy and see if it's there.

I guess you have idea when the ALICE picons by silverfox will be updated?

Chips
11-05-12, 14:02
I have downloaded the latest bouquets, thank you very much.

When I open "SKY UK at 28.2 etc.." the channels are all named and numbered as I would expect eg.
nr Name
101 101 - BBC One HD

However if I look at the same channel via the "Entertainment" Category, it's a different number and name ie.
nr Name
1445 BBC One HD

Is that how it's supposed to be ? I'm sure the previous version of Silverfox bouquets were not like that (although I realised that I had not loaded that version correctly because I had not set the duplicates flag in DBedit).

Stanman
11-05-12, 14:41
Yes it is. The channel numbering is consective from the first boquet onwards' thats why you have 100 blank channels before BBC One etc.

Mr. Mister
11-05-12, 14:44
Hi.
Yes.. Silverfox bouqets have always been like this..

Channels 101 to 999 are all in the bouquet : " Silverfox 28.2 East "

Entertainment starts at 1000+ and this is the reason for the different channel number..

Chips
11-05-12, 14:54
Ah, OK. Thank's for clearing that up.

munky
15-05-12, 14:38
RTE Two HD is now live on the Sly Ireland EPG, and replaces RTE Two. It shows up in the channel scan as 1270 if anyone is inclined to swap them on Silverfox's bouquet.

Here's the section from lamedb:

2588:011a0000:07fb:0002:25:0
p:BSkyB,f:40

Larry-G
15-05-12, 14:49
RTE Two HD is now live on the Sly Ireland EPG, and replaces RTE Two. It shows up in the channel scan as 1270 if anyone is inclined to swap them on Silverfox's bouquet.

Here's the section from lamedb:

2588:011a0000:07fb:0002:25:0
p:BSkyB,f:40

it went live 6 days ago.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3621-Sky-uk-28-2-east-NEW-CHANNELS/page27

munky
15-05-12, 20:03
it went live 6 days ago.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3621-Sky-uk-28-2-east-NEW-CHANNELS/page27

Indeed, but only through Other Channels on Sly, it's now on the HD EPG since yesterday.

Edit: It was supposed to, but has been delayed for a few days due to "technical difficulties"

BornEvil
17-05-12, 13:08
Hi guys, thanks for the great work, been using silver's bouquet for years now.

Have a quick question. Is there a way to easily restore the Renamed service name back to the default service name?

I have an ET9200 and it only can display 11 characters, the channel number part just pads out the LCD, therefore I prefer to have default service name.

Can't find an option in dreamboxedit...

Thanks in advance

Stanman
17-05-12, 20:25
Hi guys, thanks for the great work, been using silver's bouquet for years now.

Have a quick question. Is there a way to easily restore the Renamed service name back to the default service name?

I have an ET9200 and it only can display 11 characters, the channel number part just pads out the LCD, therefore I prefer to have default service name.

Can't find an option in dreamboxedit...

Thanks in advance

If your talking about the 101 before BBC1 than you need this http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2807-CHannel-Number-remover&highlight=channel+number+remover

Will need to point at the directory the settins are in and it will do the rest - works with all bouquets

BornEvil
18-05-12, 21:19
If your talking about the 101 before BBC1 than you need this http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2807-CHannel-Number-remover&highlight=channel+number+remover

Will need to point at the directory the settins are in and it will do the rest - works with all bouquets

Thanks m8, exactly what i am looking for. will try it out later

mohdq
15-06-12, 11:16
Hi. I got my first ever enigma 2 reciever vu+ duo clone 2 days ago and I must say that I have been tirelesly trying to set it up, it came with the Blackhole image but i messed it up completely. With the help of information on these forums I have been able to rebuild it completely using a BH image.
I used silver fox channel list which has been updated by Mr Mister. I uploaded using VU setting utility as Dreambox edit was not working on Windows 8.

However i have lost the ability to input the chanel number from remote. When i enter a chanel number it does nothing. For eg 6011 is not taking me to cartoon network. It is impossible for my kids to use anything other than channel numbers. The only way to navigate is using the arrow keys or from the service provider menu.

I would be extremely thankful if someone can help me sort out this issue. Since I have recived the box I have only slept for few hours as i wanted to get the box working for my son. Again any help is extremely appreciated.

Alanp
15-06-12, 11:19
Hi. I got my first ever enigma 2 reciever vu+ duo clone 2 days ago and I must say that I have been tirelesly trying to set it up, it came with the Blackhole image but i messed it up completely. With the help of information on these forums I have been able to rebuild it completely using a BH image.
I used silver fox channel list which has been updated by Mr Mister. I uploaded using VU setting utility as Dreambox edit was not working on Windows 8.

However i have lost the ability to input the chanel number from remote. When i enter a chanel number it does nothing. For eg 6011 is not taking me to cartoon network. It is impossible for my kids to use anything other than channel numbers. The only way to navigate is using the arrow keys or from the service provider menu.

I would be extremely thankful if someone can help me sort out this issue. Since I have recived the box I have only slept for few hours as i wanted to get the box working for my son. Again any help is extremely appreciated.

Clones not supported here

Sicilian
15-06-12, 17:13

Re-read the rules that you accepted!

18. Support for Cloned receivers is not welcome here, anyone looking for support using a cloned receiver will be instantly banned for life without question. We do NOT support clones here.

Infraction given, your lucky you've not been banned!