PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Crash on Network browser start

MarsArtis
29-04-12, 18:39
The title says it all.
Just started to browse the network (via embedded ethernet) and black screen appeared

P.S.
If using Safari on Mac the Pop up Window to manage attachments doesn't show the whole content.
Any suggestion? I had to use firefox, but I do prefer Safari at all.

MarsArtis
29-04-12, 19:22
some further notes:
after the Duo restarted I tried again to browse the network. After a while the VIX logo started spinning and I was given the message "no network device found" (I think thi is the close translation from italian to english, please forgive me but I've the GUI set to italian and the message actually says "nessun apparato di rete trovato").

The odd thing is that manually adding a mount point is ok.

MarsArtis
01-05-12, 12:25
I'm positive this issue is related to network browser.
Infact after many restarts I'm still getting the some error" no network devices found"
Is it possible to reinstall the extension? I was not able o unistall it from the vix/manage extension menu

MarsArtis
04-05-12, 05:14
well, let's try to updates infos in this thread.
In the crash log attached in the first post there are these error lines:

[Networkbrowser] Getting fresh network list
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkBrowser/NetworkBrowser.py", line 155, in TimerFire
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkBrowser/NetworkBrowser.py", line 208, in process_NetworkIPs
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkBrowser/NetworkBrowser.py", line 221, in getNetworkIPs
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkBrowser/ipscan.py", line 38, in __init__
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 623, in __init__
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1051, in _execute_child
OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method NetworkBrowser.TimerFire of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.NetworkBrowser.NetworkBrows er.NetworkBrowser'>>,()) failed)
]]>
</enigma2crashlog>
</crashlogs>
</openvix>

MarsArtis
09-05-12, 22:13
Uh!
Whazzup with the support team? No clue at all till now.