PDA

View Full Version : Scanning a single satellite

Conaxthewarrior
28-04-12, 14:59
Hi guys, a niggler here, hope someone can help with it.
As much as I understand, the only/best way to update all satellites on the VU Duo when having a motor system is a)download all files from the reciever to pc using dreambox edit b)download a satellites.xml from the net then open it with dreambox edit then save it to pc , overwriting the original satellites.xml file. c)Upload the files back to VU Duo and scan each satellite individually.
This has worked fine for me and still does but it'd save me loads of time if I could update a single satellite (28e) ,copy the data into the existing xml file, upload back & scan without having to rescan others.
Trying to do this, I end up with the vu+ duo either having the one newly updated satellite and no other or all satellites but not updated.....
Any ideas?

Larry-G
28-04-12, 15:14
The satellites.xml only contains transponder data for the satellites you wish to receive nothing more. The easiest and quickest way is to just download a complete new satellites.xml file and place that onto your receiver. Then perform a scan on your chosen satellite, 28.2 east for example. This will save you a lot of time and unnecessary hassle updating a single satellite within the satellites.xml file.

Stanman
28-04-12, 22:51
Download and use the Vhannibal or Catseye settings, regularly updated and imho no need to scan the dish unless you have a lot of free time.

Huevos
29-04-12, 12:51
If you want to do an accurate scan of 28E there is no need to update your satellites.xml (although this is a good idea every now and then).

Start on an active channel and make a note of the tuner. Go in to menu -> service search -> manual scan -> same tuner as you were using -> single transponder. Set "clear before scan" to no, and NIT (network scan) to yes. That will scan everything including new transponders, and it is a lot quicker because it doesn't stall on the west Africa transponders that you can't receive anyway.