PDA

View Full Version : Help on setup from scratch please

Garyblas
28-04-12, 13:38
Complete novice at this game. In process of cancelling SKy.

Is there anywhere on this site that guides me through set up ?
I see people mentioning images? and that VIX is best do i need an image and what does it do?
I also see mention of skins again what are these ?

I been told i need a ccccam to get signal and i found providers but does Vu+ Duo use this ?

Thanks for any help

s1m0nw
28-04-12, 18:06
What box you got?
What image are you planing on using?
Skins are different bkground images with added software etc
You do need cccam for connecting to servers but cant discuss this on forum mate.

Theres loads of info on forum to help you just need the patence to look everywhere

Maxwell
28-04-12, 19:45

I see people mentioning images? and that VIX is best do i need an image and what does it do?

I been told i need a ccccam to get signal and i found providers but does Vu+ Duo use this ?

Thanks for any help

Image is the operating system interface and there are various ones from different teams that offer different features, Vix does currently offer most flexibility based upon the manufacturers core system and a new version will be out shortly which far surpasses anything currently available.

Skins are the way the menus/epg and all feature within the image are setup visually for ease of use and aesthetics and purely a matter of presonal preference.

CCcam is not required to get a signal but as a starting point should you require access to subscription channels with your own card or otherwise.

There are several tutorials on the forum have a look around the Vix support centre and dont be afraid to ask once you have your box.

Stanman
28-04-12, 22:07

Thanks for any help

Excellant first post, did you even bother to read the rules?

We will help people set up their own personal card but will not offer ANY support for card sharing, especially when it comes to pay servers:mad:

Garyblas
29-04-12, 09:21
Waiting for box to arrive - ordered a Vu+ Duo
I assume Vix but did not really know what one was until this post.
Have since found FAQ on this site.

Maxwell thanks for your help , just what i wanted to know.

AS for against rules sorry folks was unaware of any rules.

Thanks

Maxwell
29-04-12, 10:14
Have a read of the rules http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2-Please-read-the-rules-here

Sicilian
29-04-12, 10:16
Have a read of the rules http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2-Please-read-the-rules-here

Looks like rules module forcing reader to accept the rules is broken in this vb4.1.11, I'll upgrade to 4.1.12 soon and force users to accept again.