PDA

View Full Version : Black Hole Image

kman999
27-04-12, 10:10
I have installed Blackhole 1.7.2 on the Solo, I have setup the box as i want to have a backup image. I can do a full back up using the menu and this writes to my USB drive. The problem I have is that if i put the usb drive into my friends solo it fails to restore image as the usb turns on after the box boots. I have tried to format my working usb drive to FAT32 but its not recognising it it in the BH Image???

Originally I put a usb key into my laptop and copied image to that, but if I try to back up the image to that it doesn’t recognise it.

What I wanted to do was:

1. Backup my image to USB - Done Already
2. While the USB is plugged in the box, somehow access the backup file and copy that to my laptop (ftp or something)

Any ideas???

Ev0
27-04-12, 10:26
Your post is not to clear what you have done with the usb formatting.

I suspect you have formatted in windows as fat32, installed the image onto your solo and then used bh to reformat the usb as linux.

If so that isn't a problem, just remove it, format it in the pc again as fat32, put it back in your solo and mount it (not format).

Then redo the full backup.

Once done it should work on your friends solo to restore your backup (as it is created to replace the orignal install files you used), and you can also see the files in windows.

IF that still does not work for some reason, you can always ftp into /media/usb and transfer the backup files to your pc that way.