PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo crashes on automatic scan of 19.2e

waddylove
27-04-12, 09:54
Hi Guys,

Been using a Vu+ Duo now since January with the latest Vix image and am so far loving it.

Last night I can across a problem of the box crashing and restarting after an automatic scan of 19.2e. I find plenty of channels but just as the search completes at 100% the box restarts and I'm left with no saved channels. I'm able to complete scans of all other satellites I need (28.2e, 23.5e, 16e, 13e, etc) and the channels are saved but for some reason 19.2e causes a crash.

My satellites.xml file is fully upto date from satellites-xml.eu but i'm not sure where, or if, i'm causing the problem.

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Huevos
29-04-12, 13:24
satellites-xml.eu is normally ok but sometimes there are problems. I've noticed stale data in there or it could be some other problem with the satellites.xml file. Post what satellites you have configured and I'll post a custom satellites.xml. Made by my own creator, that doesn't contain out of date or inactive transponders.

waddylove
30-04-12, 10:35
Hi Huevos,

Many thanks for this. The sats I mainly use are 28.2e, 23.5e, 19.2e, 16.0e, 13.0e, 9.0e, 4.8e and 0.8w.

I must admit that I have now re-flashed my box as I was getting all sorted of errors mainly being reported as 'No space left on device'. From this I assume that it was referring to the flash memory as I have a good 500gb remaining on my hdd and plenty of space I have on a memory stick where I store my picons and egp data.

I haven't yet had time to rescan any satellites but I will give it a go when you kindly post the custom file.

Cheers.

Huevos
30-04-12, 11:58
Ok, here is a satellites.xml from my creator (which is in beta stage). It contains just the satellites you asked for, and just active transponders, not all the inactive rubbish and stale data the other creators put in there that slows down scanning and serves no other purpose.

Put the file in /etc/enigma2 and then do a restart to make it active. If later you decide you want to use the file that came with the image just delete this one and the original file will take over again.

waddylove
30-04-12, 12:08
Cheers Huevos - I will give it a go tonight.

Huevos
30-04-12, 12:18
reported as 'No space left on device'FTP to the Duo and check the root folder for a file epg.dat. Sometimes it ends up there and blocks up the flash if the box temporarily loses communication with the USB stick. Personally I use the hard disc as the EPG location. EPG is held in the ram anyway so where the data is stored makes no difference to performance.

waddylove
08-05-12, 08:37
Hi Huevos,

After a long weekend I have finally got things sorted.

I ended up re-flashing the box as it had been crashing on and off for a month or so. Fingers crossed but had three days of uninterrupted viewing!

Many thanks for your help and suggestions.

Cheers.