PDA

View Full Version : New Image - Most eagerly anticipated EVER?

MatLCFC
27-04-12, 09:22
I have had a bit of a nightmare with the current VIX image... I even tried a few other images.
The only one (I thought) came close was Black Hole BUT even with the glitches the VIX image still found it's way back on my box because nothing else felt right. We all know it is the best!
I am praying the new image is stable. I am not really bothered about new features (although the XBMC skin looks great).
It sounds like you are testing the new image to destruction & I am sure that is the way to go... I can't wait to see the result.:wave:

Larry-G
27-04-12, 09:46
Don't worry we have not forgotten about our users. We hopefully won't be too long now.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Spoof
27-04-12, 15:54
I have had a bit of a nightmare with the current VIX image... I even tried a few other images.
The only one (I thought) came close was Black Hole BUT even with the glitches the VIX image still found it's way back on my box because nothing else felt right. We all know it is the best!
I am praying the new image is stable. I am not really bothered about new features (although the XBMC skin looks great).
It sounds like you are testing the new image to destruction & I am sure that is the way to go... I can't wait to see the result.:wave:

You could (should) try Nemesis - head and shoulders above anything else out there.

Spooof

Mr. Mister
27-04-12, 16:06
You could (should) try Nemesis - head and shoulders above anything else out there.

Spooof

I think thats a matter of opinion.. And of course you are entitled to yours.. As is everyone..

Everyone likes different things.. If we didnt the world would be a very dull place..

Im not running down the Nemesis image at all.. I used it some time ago on my DM8000.. Although in saying that.. There is no Vix image for it.. Only for that.. Thats what i would have used..

snakie
27-04-12, 22:55
Blackhole 1.7.3 is the best of the best.Just give a chance...and you will see how superior it is.Rock solid for me

TomD
28-04-12, 09:48
Blackhole 1.7.3 is the best of the best.Just give a chance...and you will see how superior it is.Rock solid for me

I'm with you - been running Blackhole for a couple of weeks and rock solid so far. Vix is good, but too fragile for me.

MatLCFC
28-04-12, 12:32
To be fair BH 1.73 was rock solid. Just didn't feel right...
I've used ViX since day one. I agree though, latest image was great but has been too fragile in my experience as well.
If the stability is back on the upcoming release... it'll definitely be the one I use.

hex_inc
01-05-12, 16:19
Just to echo the above posters, I think vix is best for interface and presentation. Let down badly by lack of stability though. Looking forward to the new release but won't be jumping in with both feet.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
01-05-12, 16:30
Just to echo the above posters, I think vix is best for interface and presentation. Let down badly by lack of stability though. Looking forward to the new release but won't be jumping in with both feet.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

with all the various ways to make full image backups there is really no valid reasons for users not to try as many images as they can to find the one that fits them best. as for the lack of stability i can only re-iterate that all of my receivers Vu+ Uno, Vu+ Duo, Vu+ Ultimo have always been and still are rock solid.

OldSkulRide
01-05-12, 16:34

BH has good skins and DVB-T drivers, on the other hand it lacks many good PLi options. Therefore iam on OpenPLi (where i can also use BH skins btw). ViX is very nice image but sadly its too unstable and on boxes like ET-5000 there is problem with memory consumption. I can load more EPG on OpenPLi, which is essential for me. SWAP is not a solution.

Cha0s
10-05-12, 08:31
I have a really strong feeling that all this waiting for the new VIX image will be worth and that nothing made so far won't even remotely compare to the greatness of the new VIX image. Also the new xmbc skin will bring a huge plus to this image and I think that besides the awesome futures, options and stability that this image will bring, it will also probably be the most good looking UI experience.

I want to thank you guys for the hard work you've put into this project and I'm hoping for many future releases! AWESOME JOB! :thumbsup:

VIX was always my top choice and how MatLCFC said before, nothing else felt righ.

I always loved getting involved into these kind of projects and I really wish I had the time to help out with this too, but sadly since my new job I barely have the time to get a good night sleep :)

I can't wait to test the new Vix Image :cool:

Rob van der Does
10-05-12, 08:40
I can't wait to test the new Vix Image :cool:
You'll have to :D