PDA

View Full Version : EPG problem...

Genie30190
27-04-12, 00:10
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas, my EPG is all over the place. I've got a Vu+ Duo running Silverfox's bouquets and picons. Most channels show nothing at all on the EPG, others show a couple of hours, a select few have a full EPG. However if you select the channel it works, theres just no EPG data, which is an annoyance. I've tried reinstalling bouquets etc and it makes no difference. It has only occured since I've been messing around installing CCcam cough cough. Thought I would mention as not sure if it helps you guys out in trying to diagnose?

Thanks in advance

Mike

judge
27-04-12, 00:15
What EPG sources are you using? have you tried any others?

landerson07
27-04-12, 03:38
Where are you saving your epg data to? If flash change to USB or HD

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Genie30190
27-04-12, 08:20
The EPG location was on Internal flash, changed this to HDD but it has made no difference. I'm quite new to this so apologies if I ask to many questions but where do you find which EPG sources you are using? If I go to menu>setup>system>EPG I have 4 options Settings, Load/Save, CrossEPG and XMLTV-Importer.

Hope this helps a little further

Cheers

Mike

landerson07
27-04-12, 13:00
You need to setup cross epg! I use opentv! There you can set where it's saving to

Set to HD or USB and reboot then use Cross epg to download again

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mcquaim
27-04-12, 13:11
Yeah, as described above, go to the following location:

menu->setup->system->EPG-CrossEPG and select OpenTV.

Then select the sat you are pointing at, a green tick will appear. You can then press the yellow button (I think) to manually download the epg data!

Btw, best to have epg and picons on USB stick. This way when you change channel you don't have to wait for the HDD to spin up to retrieve the data!

Genie30190
27-04-12, 13:59
OK, cheers for the info guys, gives me a few ideas to play around with when I get home from work later. I'll definately put the EPG data and Bouquets on a USB stick, that makes sense. Thinking of getting rid of the Picons as on the EPG they are too small to see what the channel is, especially with regards to sports, movies etc. I'm thinking text would be easier.

I'll let you know how it goes this evening, hopefully it will solve my problem. If not I will be back on asking more questions anyway lol.

Thanks again for the advice

Mike

ford
27-04-12, 15:41
Nice thread.

Hello guys.

I have done all that on the latest VTI on my Duo, and is all over in about 3 seconds!!
No time to convert the XMLTV data of course!!
Starting to piss me off.
Have updated providers, and saving to usb.
Will try a new stick, but is the same on HDD.

Which providers do you guys find working on Sky UK pls?

Many thanks....

ford
27-04-12, 16:38
Does anybody know where the crossepg providers are kept?
Perhaps I can manually import my dreambox epg providers that work.

TomD
28-04-12, 10:10
Nice thread.

Hello guys.

I have done all that on the latest VTI on my Duo, and is all over in about 3 seconds!!
No time to convert the XMLTV data of course!!
Starting to piss me off.
Have updated providers, and saving to usb.
Will try a new stick, but is the same on HDD.

Which providers do you guys find working on Sky UK pls?

Many thanks....

Personally I have found the easiest and most reliable method is to manually download from the open providers once a week.

ford
28-04-12, 17:11
Thanks Tom, but strangely nothing works for open providers also :-(