mintosh72
24-04-12, 20:57
Hi there i have a vu duo running on vti image
is the a way to make the the vu duo remote control control the tv volume
i had a spiderbox before i you could do this by entering a code
Thanks Mintosh72

spectre289
24-04-12, 22:02
If your tv supports HDMI-CEC then you should be able to it through that, otherwise no.

Larry-G
24-04-12, 22:40
if you bought the Duo recently it would have shipped with the new universal remote control. this can be programmed for use with both the tv and receiver although i could not get the tv part working on my own tv.

mintosh72
24-04-12, 23:02
hi there i did purchase my duo only a 2 weeks ago and the shop had just got them in on that day so i think i have the universal remote how do you program it???or is there a link or sticky looking but cant find any thing

Rob van der Does
25-04-12, 04:29
In the UNO-manual (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9578-Vu-Uno-Manual&p=70775&viewfull=1#post70775) there's a section about programming the R/C.

Trial
25-04-12, 08:05
Hi pheonix and also the other,
this sentence from the manual "3. Keep pressing Mute button (or Power) until your TV is muted (or turned off)" could be easily misunderstood. Understand it this way: 3. Keep Mute button (or Power) pressed until your TV is muted (or turned off)

So do not press, release, press, release the Mute/Power button. Keep one of the button pressed until there is a reaction from the TV. I tried 4 different TVs from 3 different brands and even with an unknown OEM TV the complete scan worked after around half an hour.

Ralf

TomD
26-04-12, 14:20
Hi

I got feed up with the wife moaning about the number of RC's knocking about, and bought a Harmony. All other RC's are now stashed in the draw where they belong...... and the wife is happy (for the time-being anyway) :D

Larry-G
26-04-12, 14:37
Hi pheonix and also the other,
this sentence from the manual "3. Keep pressing Mute button (or Power) until your TV is muted (or turned off)" could be easily misunderstood. Understand it this way: 3. Keep Mute button (or Power) pressed until your TV is muted (or turned off)

So do not press, release, press, release the Mute/Power button. Keep one of the button pressed until there is a reaction from the TV. I tried 4 different TVs from 3 different brands and even with an unknown OEM TV the complete scan worked after around half an hour.

Ralf

lol well i tried for around a hour and a half before i gave up otherwise i'd have thrown the tv out of a window.

Trial
26-04-12, 15:17
Hi pheonix,
you might love but I know 2-3 people who pressed and released and pressed and released... If they didnīt die they still press and release:-)

ciao

gedclarke
26-04-12, 15:46
Hello, my duo was bought in feburary from our site sponsors so I think my remote is the 'universal type'. However the instructions state to 'Press number 1 and 3 for three seconds until LED is on', my question is were is the LED? :confused: As always thanks in advance.

Larry-G
26-04-12, 16:08
the word led refers to the TV button on the top left of the remote.

Rob van der Does
26-04-12, 16:09
The LED is in the 'TV'-button at the top-left. If it's not there, it's non-universal type.

Edit: AHGrrhhhh, Pheonix is unbeatable :D

Larry-G
26-04-12, 16:14
Hi pheonix,
you might love but I know 2-3 people who pressed and released and pressed and released... If they didnīt die they still press and release:-)

ciao

well i have given it another try ( after a gap of several months ) and i am very very happy to say it found the correct code within 30 seconds.