PDA

View Full Version : connecting TM5302HD to Mac Book Pro

DHM
24-04-12, 09:21
Technomate provides RS232 port for connection to PC. My laptop has USB and Firewire but no RS232. Will the RS232-USB or RS232-Firewire adaptors do the job?

thijs
24-04-12, 11:06
it should but a lot of people have problems with this to get the right drives to set it up is mostly the problem make sure you get a disk with the cable for the drives.
What is the reason that you want to know this is your 5302 stuck in reboot or something ?
if you just want to upgrade firmware you can do this by usb device formated to fat32

DHM
24-04-12, 11:13
I want to see if I can edit the channels. I have no channel editor and apparently there isn't one for this receiver yet. But iDreamX people suggested their software might do the trick. I won't know unless I connect my laptop to the receiver first. Also it is good to be able to use the laptop hard drive with the receiver for backups or recording etc.

thijs
24-04-12, 11:46
let us know if it's working for you and explain how might be usefull for more 5302 users
don't think you can use the harddrive for recordings of the laptop but let us know how your doing