PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] A Few Issues

grimey121uk
23-04-12, 23:04
Hi,

I purchased a VU+ Duo from the forum last week with the 500gb HDD fitted and VIX 2.3 (204) preloaded, however I am having a few issues;

1. Random crashes/freezing 3-4 times a day, unfortunately I do not have any log files however I have found that the box remains stable if I leave the box on rather than using standby.
2. Recordings sometimes freeze and stutter but become seem to work if i stop/start the recording again
3. Sometimes a recording seems to be split into two different files even though the box hasn't lost power
4. I am unable to rewind any recording at any speed, if I hit the rewind button the rewind symbol shows on the screen but the actual content is fast forwarded at around 1.5 - 2 times normal speed

I am not running any plug-ins in addition to what came with the VIX 2.3 pre-install (cross EPG etc) and the EPG has been set up correctly following a forum post. The HDD was pre formatted to EXT4 and the hard drive was pre-initialised.

I am happy to wait for the VIX Team to bring out an updated version as the box/software seems great but any suggestions to help me resolve the above issues in the meantime would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

grimey121uk
02-05-12, 21:10
Anyone?

In addition my recordings freeze randomly but I can resolve this by pressing 1 on the remote to skip back a few seconds.
Any idea if there is a solution for this?

wullboy
02-05-12, 21:57
Hi m8, go to menu/setup/vix/, then scroll down to mount manager, and see if the hard drive is showing in there and it is rooted to /media/hdd for your recordings, if you have EPG, then i would suggest you use a compatible usb stick to put your EPG dat and swap file in there, as for getting a crash log menu/setup/system, then scroll down to logs and set it up to put your crash logs into home/root, you can then send them to the vix team to have a look at them, as for the freezing, are you using Cccam 2.2.1 has this seems to be the preferred cam ???

grimey121uk
02-05-12, 22:13
Hi m8, go to menu/setup/vix/, then scroll down to mount manager, and see if the hard drive is showing in there and it is rooted to /media/hdd for your recordings, if you have EPG, then i would suggest you use a compatible usb stick to put your EPG dat and swap file in there, as for getting a crash log menu/setup/system, then scroll down to logs and set it up to put your crash logs into home/root, you can then send them to the vix team to have a look at them, as for the freezing, are you using Cccam 2.2.1 has this seems to be the preferred cam ???

Hi thanks for the response
I am currently saving both recordings and the EPG data to the HDD, is it preferred to save the EPG data to a USB rather than the HDD?
I will admit the box has become a lot more stable since I keep it on rather than using standby at night, typical I set up crash logs and the bloody thing stays rock solid:)

With regards to a SWAP, I'm not currently using one as I have read that they can cause more issues than they fix.

The main bug at the moment is the recordings stuttering on playback which can be solved by pressing 1 or rewinding but its annoying, this seems to suggest the recording are fine but the issue is with the box playing them back intermittently. Although I am willing to put up with this for the time being with a view of the issue getting resolved in an update. I am using CCcam 2.2.1 but only for the past 5 or 6 days and its been fine.