PDA

View Full Version : Font kerning...

cheesebucket
22-04-12, 20:24
I am looking to make my own skin, a quick question to those with the knowledge before I set-to-stone my mock ups, are you able to set the kerning of fonts? (space between letters)

Rob van der Does
23-04-12, 04:49
Not in the skin AFAIK.
But of course you can choose other fonts (you must then add them to the install package).

cheesebucket
23-04-12, 18:43
Yeah, this is an additional font - but the spacing is a little too spaced out for my liking, so wanted to reduce it.

I shall proceed regardless - is there a skin someone might recommend as a 'base skin' that I could edit accordingly, I'm guessing making one from scratch would be a nightmare for a newcomer.

Rob van der Does
23-04-12, 19:57
For ViX? Then I would recommend ViX-HD (Night/Day) or Magic-HD.

cheesebucket
23-04-12, 21:34
Yeah for ViX - I'm having trouble getting Night to load in e2skinner - it complains some fonts are not present, but they are!

I'll try with Magic instead.

Rob van der Does
24-04-12, 05:53
Yeah for ViX - I'm having trouble getting Night to load in e2skinner - it complains some fonts are not present, but they are!
e2skinner has not (yet??) learned all the new tricks we have implemented. For the time being I keep Magic (HD) compatible with e2skinner.

Hint: Use e2skinner only for visualizing effects etc., not for making changes. For that use an editor, such as PSPad or Notepad++.

cheesebucket
24-04-12, 22:04
OK thanks - I have completed my mock-ups and began the transformation process!

Just seen they only accept 8-bit PNGs, was a little confused as why nothing was turning up, a long learning process me thinks!

I'll base it off of Magic to get to grips with e2 and then move on to editing skin.xml manually once I've learned all the syntax and options and making widgets etc!

Thanks for your help.