PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Problem with "Automounts" vu duo and vix image

tubbylad
22-04-12, 13:08
Hi

I have 3 VU+ Duo boxes and I want to share the recordings between them. To do this I done the following:

Menu>Setup>System>Network>Device Setup>Network Browser> "select the device">Select "No" on the input password>Select the hard drive

I can then press the recordings buttong, then select "location" and select the name of the VU box I want to view the recordings on.

This was working fine, but I decided to change the network name of the box as they were all called "VUDUO". After doing this and restarting the box, the name of the mount still said "VUDUO". I decided to delete the mount and go through the above procedure to set the mount up again. The problem is now it won't connect to the box.

Previously when I went into the mount manager and viewed the mounts they were active. Now they are still active, but the connection icon on the left has a red cross on it because it's not connected.

I've tried setting it as NFS share, which is what it initially was working on and I've tried setting it as CIFS share with the username (which is what my qnap nas is working on), neither have worked.

I've tried deleting it, rebooting box, then setting it backup again. This hasn't worked.

I've also tried manually adding it to the automounts.xml file, but this hasn't worked either. I really don't want to have to flash the box so does anyone have any ideas?

Larry-G
22-04-12, 13:33
I know this wont help you but this is why we tell people to use the inbuilt image manager within the image to make a exact 1 for 1 backup of your current image so that you can return to it if needed.

spacemonkey
22-04-12, 19:11
Hi

I have 3 VU+ Duo boxes and I want to share the recordings between them. To do this I done the following:

Menu>Setup>System>Network>Device Setup>Network Browser> "select the device">Select "No" on the input password>Select the hard drive

I can then press the recordings buttong, then select "location" and select the name of the VU box I want to view the recordings on.

This was working fine, but I decided to change the network name of the box as they were all called "VUDUO". After doing this and restarting the box, the name of the mount still said "VUDUO". I decided to delete the mount and go through the above procedure to set the mount up again. The problem is now it won't connect to the box.

Previously when I went into the mount manager and viewed the mounts they were active. Now they are still active, but the connection icon on the left has a red cross on it because it's not connected.

I've tried setting it as NFS share, which is what it initially was working on and I've tried setting it as CIFS share with the username (which is what my qnap nas is working on), neither have worked.

I've tried deleting it, rebooting box, then setting it backup again. This hasn't worked.

I've also tried manually adding it to the automounts.xml file, but this hasn't worked either. I really don't want to have to flash the box so does anyone have any ideas?

I use a CENT OS 6.2 server and record to a NFS Share, this works very well as I can record 4 HD channels

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<mountmanager>
<fstab>
<nfs>
<mount>
<active>True</active>
<hdd_replacement>True</hdd_replacement>
<ip>192.168.10.50</ip>
<sharename>record</sharename>
<sharedir>mnt/disk1</sharedir>
<options>rw,nolock,tcp</options>
</mount>
</nfs>
</fstab>
</mountmanager>

Stanman
22-04-12, 19:17
Try FTP into the box and deleting the file automount.xml in /etc and than try mounting again.

tubbylad
22-04-12, 22:05
Thanks for replies. I have a backup but if i restore backup it will probably restore the mount with vuduo as the share name.

I tried deleting the automount.xml file. I restarted box, went into mount manager and no mounts found. Went back into network browser and setup mounts again but its still exactly the same.

Is there any other reference to mounts? Is the box caching anything else?

Thanks

tubbylad
22-04-12, 22:15
I notice there is a file called networkbrowser.cache, what does this do?

Also i noticed the 2 network devices that work (a vu box and nas) both have a .cache file with their name. The box that i cant connect to doesnt.

Rob van der Does
23-04-12, 06:24
This was working fine, but I decided to change the network name of the box as they were all called "VUDUO". After doing this and restarting the box, the name of the mount still said "VUDUO".
How did you change the name?
If you do it via 'init 4' , edit 'hostname' in ' /etc' and 'init 6' the name has been changed for sure.

Also: did you use the expert-function in the networkbrowser? If so, was the missing box fount then?

tubbylad
23-04-12, 08:46
Hi, sorry perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly

I change the hostname in the network setup, within the vix software. The hostname has been changed (If I use the network browser function on another box or even if I view the device on my network, it has been changed) What hasn't been changed is the name of the mount to my other box.

I have 3 boxes, the default name is "VUDUO". All three boxes were called VUDUO. I mounted a share from one box to the other and it shows up when you press recordings>location>

I then renamed the boxes, VU1, VU2 and VU3. The box still showed up in the mount details as VUDUO. I thought if I deleted the mount and remounted it again it will change to the new name, but this is when it stopped working (but the other box is linking fine) If I use the networkbrowser tool I can see VU1, VU2 and VU3 fine on there.

Rob van der Does
23-04-12, 10:08
OK, clear now. You should indeed delete the mount and make it again.
If this doesn' t work, the best way is to delete the entries in fstab and automount (only after stopping E2, and rebooting when done).