PDA

View Full Version : Are these affecting my signal quality?

Mr.McGee
19-08-10, 12:38
As my cable run has to go from one side of the apartment to the other and pass under a door, I've had to install these 2 accessories to get the length:

Now, the tuner on the DM800 was never a reliable one to tell me which strength I was getting but the Duo is now telling me I have only around 73%. This got me to thinking that perhaps my cable run isn't as optimal as it could be due to these 2 pieces being in the run.

Just wondering what you guys think. Let me know if you need some other info.

Sicilian
19-08-10, 13:23
I'd say a lot would depend on the F connectors used, quality of cable, LNB, alignment and size of dish. Also the satellite that your tuning too.

dfdream
19-08-10, 14:13
Mr McGee

I too see massive differences in readings between my Duo and 7020.
In the duo the values vary from 45-76 where as the 7020 connected on the same multiswitch reads between 84 and 95 even having no difference when swapping connections between boxes.

The duo (or mine at least doesnt show the same signal strength values as the 7020. havent noticed a deterioration in picture though.

D

Mr.McGee
19-08-10, 15:36
Same here. I haven't noticed any change in picture quality, but I was getting 90-95% on the DM800. Not to be trusted I suppose. Just wondering if I will get anything better from the Technisat Multytenne which is only 45cm wide.

Likvid
21-08-10, 12:06
Nothing to worry about if signal level drops, it's only the signal power level.

You need to check if the quality level has dropped? that is the important parameter.

basilyoung
23-08-10, 23:24
the other thing to be aware of, signal wise, is that different recievers, give different reults, none are likely to be accurate,
the tuner quality from some recievers are not as good, as others, the vu tuner is better tan the db units, but the technomate 9100 tuners are more sensitive than the vu,
if you have a good sat meter, that will tell you the true situ

baz

grtmoby
24-08-10, 01:20
to add and confirm, even in vu itself if u used the meter shown in each channel in the info bar and compared this value to the one u'll get in sat finder plugin.
you'll be amazed that both values are different, at least this is what i have here

Mr.McGee
24-08-10, 07:25
Must try this satfinder plugin. And then I must stop worrying about these things…until the snow starts to fall ;)