PDA

View Full Version : Help please! Trying to get Tenda W150M to work with Sky box

ruffy
21-04-12, 15:56
I hope that someone can help. I have just bought a W150M from WOS as an alternative to a Sky wireless adaptor as I want to use Anytime+. Simply setting the W150M to Client+AP mode and plugging it in to the Sky box doesn't work, so I have read the user guide. The fundamental problem I now have is that I cannot access the setup wizard (http://192.168.2.1). I don't know why, but this is obviously stopping me from configuring the W150M correctly. Can anyone tell me how to sort this out? Thankyou!

Sandman
21-04-12, 16:43
You should be able to factory reset it by holding down the reset button for 7 seconds...try that and it should connect to the default admin IP again!

Sicilian
21-04-12, 18:04
Setup guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11478-Review-and-Guide-to-setup-the-Tenda-W150M-WiFi-N-150mbps-Wifibridge-for-all-Receivers

mswin341
24-04-12, 20:59
I have the same problem. Set this up useing Client+AP, but how do you connect it to your router, once connected to the sky box

Sicilian
24-04-12, 21:02
I have the same problem. Set this up useing Client+AP, but how do you connect it to your router, once connected to the sky box

Follow the guide, once you've configured on PC it will connect itself to your router when connected to Sky box.

mswin341
25-04-12, 07:56
Thanks for your reply. I must be missing something. I configured the WM150 on my PC, it found my network on the wizard setup, I then connected it to my sky+ box, but still nothing, do you have to setup the network on the sky box ?

andys0506
14-05-12, 11:28
With the sky boxes I believe you need to turn on the ethernet adaptor as by default its off.
Off the top of my head its under services / network

Gpaulw
14-05-12, 15:52
im having the same problem it just keeps failing once put into the sky box, banging my head against a brick wall now!! lol please help

Gpaulw
14-05-12, 16:04
I have followed the setup about 10 times but it still fails when attached to sky just fails to find network, any ideas??
thanks

Gpaulw
14-05-12, 16:06
Follow the guide, once you've configured on PC it will connect itself to your router when connected to Sky box.

I have tried allsorts but just keep failing to find network when attached to sky, any ideas?
Thanks

fintannl
14-05-12, 18:26
what type of encryption are you using. tenda does not support wpa-psk (even though it suggests that it does), it constantly fails on wpa-psk2 and in truth the only encryption it is somewhat solid with is wep (and even with this it intermittently fails). so if you want to use tenda (and i recommend to any user never to buy this piece of gear as it is torment) you are best advised to set your primary router to wep encryption. then program your tenda using your laptop/desktop. once completed make sure that you set your network adaptor settings on your laptop/desktop to retrieve an IP address automatically. Now turn off your wireless on your laptop/desktop which will force your laptop/desktop to use the tenda connection to your router instead. if this works and you now have internet then you can now connect the tenda to your tv box and it will work. note you must be extremely careful in setting up the passphrase on the tenda and also ensure that aes/tkip is set correctly.

Gpaulw
14-05-12, 19:44
if i change the routers wep key this means i have to change all pass keys to games consoles, phones etc?

andys0506
16-05-12, 12:44
what type of encryption are you using. tenda does not support wpa-psk (even though it suggests that it does), it constantly fails on wpa-psk2 and in truth the only encryption it is somewhat solid with is wep (and even with this it intermittently fails). so if you want to use tenda (and i recommend to any user never to buy this piece of gear as it is torment) you are best advised to set your primary router to wep encryption. then program your tenda using your laptop/desktop. once completed make sure that you set your network adaptor settings on your laptop/desktop to retrieve an IP address automatically. Now turn off your wireless on your laptop/desktop which will force your laptop/desktop to use the tenda connection to your router instead. if this works and you now have internet then you can now connect the tenda to your tv box and it will work. note you must be extremely careful in setting up the passphrase on the tenda and also ensure that aes/tkip is set correctly.

This is really annoying, I got swayed into buying one of these when I ordered my Duo from the site sponsor. I am having issues with it losing connectivity, at least once a day - I guess this is the reason why. What good is a AP that only works with WEP!!!!:mad::mad:

sivhead
16-05-12, 15:25
I have a tenda W150 and it works just fine with WPA/PSK2. the only issue I had is when powered from the usb (if the usb source device was powered off for a while) it lost some of its settings and would need to be re-configured on a pc. I have now plugged it directly into the mains and dont switch it off. Its been working for months.

Do you have another device you can plug it into to test a TV with bbc iplayer or Blue ray player with bbc iplayer maybe and post the results of the test.

Stoffer1
18-05-12, 09:40
Mine worked when I first got it, but I had to reset it about 4 times in a week and then it finally stopped working alltogether.

I have tried re-setting it and gone through all of the setup rountines a dozen times but it just will not link.

My computer can see the Tenda and the Tenda can scan for and find my router but I cannot get out to the internet via the Tenda.

Donnie
18-05-12, 15:40
Guys I have no idea why you are having such problems but I set up 3 of these last weekend and 1 a few months back.

I used WPA2 (aes ) and it takes minutes to set up.

The ones at the weekend were for 2 DM800 's and a PS3 :confused:

Sicilian
18-05-12, 15:45
Mine worked when I first got it, but I had to reset it about 4 times in a week and then it finally stopped working alltogether.

I have tried re-setting it and gone through all of the setup rountines a dozen times but it just will not link.

My computer can see the Tenda and the Tenda can scan for and find my router but I cannot get out to the internet via the Tenda.

Check the networks settings of whatever you're connecting the tenda too, it looks like its not getting an IP address from your router. Have you set to DHCP?

I've zero issues with these, anyone have issues need to go through the setup guide step by step.

gross1806
21-05-12, 11:42
Help please. New boy here and I'm trying to set up the Tenda box on my laptop, but when I input the 192.168.2.1 it comes up with a Belkin set up screen instead of the Tenda one. I have a Belkin wireless router in the bedroom where the broadband modem is.

No doubt doing something stupid but any help great fully received.

Thanks

basilyoung
21-05-12, 11:57
I am not certain, as its been a while since i messed with the Tenda, but think the address should be 192.168.2.100

gross1806
21-05-12, 13:01
Thanks.

I have managed to fix the problem, although I've no idea what I did differently.

basilyoung
21-05-12, 13:08
well you are sorted, thats the bottom line, so happy days, well done,

bmcdonagh
09-06-12, 23:10
Hi Guys,

I'm new here. I managed to set up a Tenda W150 box after a bit of messing around and have it connected to my SKY HD+ box in the living room. I then got another one to connect to the box in the bedroom and have now had some issues.

It all appears to be set up ok at my PC and connects to the internet ok however, there appear to be two main issues;

1) the WPS light on the box is not lit and when i press the WPS button at the side, the light flashes for a while and then goes out again!
2) I cannot seem to configure the IP/Gateway addresses on the second box - my PC tells me i cannot have more that one Default Gateway ( i set a default gateway for the first box) so it appears that i am lacking knowledge on how to set up a second box!

This is really frustrating, especially when there is very little support on the internet for these boxes.

I would really appreciate some help here please!

Thanks,

Brian

olly
01-07-12, 19:57
Hi all i have now managed to setup my vu solo to work with the tenda,but for some reason the internet was working, but now stopped??
When i set up, in what menu can i have/change if poss to a different ssid,so i know what router my internet is connecting threw..Im wondering if this is causing the issues im having with the tenda having the same ssid name.
I take it my pc internet connection is threw my 02 router,or is it now going threw the tenda,as i do not know which router its using, as my internet connection says 02!!
Bit confusing the naming,security setup,followed everthing else quite easily.I did notice my o2 router has select channel AUTO,but can be changed to manual.Channel 6 selected when last checked on Auto??
Thanks all.

olly
01-07-12, 22:09
All sorted,it connected after power down of routers,vu solo. Still learning!!

paul362
02-07-12, 07:20
I just gave up with mine and went back to good old homeplugs (a lot less hassle and solid connections).

mswin341
22-10-12, 18:19
I use my Tenda 150 set up to my sky box, works ok, the only problem I have is, my router is a BT inifity, and it changes the channel on my router automattically, so I have to keep changing the settings on the Tenda, is there anyway around this.