PDA

View Full Version : my uno dislikes upgrading Fpga.:)

pron88
20-04-12, 18:01
Hello!:)

I'm trying to update fpga now for the last 5 days and it's still not working.

My first installed firmware was VI 3.0 and it ran without a problem.

But .... I wanted to test firmware with the new 3.x kernel and these are the results:

Flashing Vuplus Original rev. 6/7:
BOOTING works but GUI wouldn't start.

Flashing latest firmwares from pli, Vti , VI or Blackhole team:

Booting works and GUI starts but no tuning at all.;)

Next i tried to upgrade fpga via "firwareupgrade" and "FPGAupgrade" addon both online and per FTP with all tspro_dat files that i found on Vuplus website.
I only get error messages like "wrong file" or "update failed" and so on.

I found another version of the "FPGA UPGRADE " addon in a thread on this board and gave it another try.

The upgrade starts and counts up to 50%, but suddenly it stops with "Success".

16430I restart my STB but again... Tuning fails.

I have attached some serial logs, maybe somebody could help me with this problem.

Thx

Markymark
20-04-12, 20:37
Is this a new update that has been released? What improvements does it make?

pron88
20-04-12, 23:43
Is this a new update that has been released? What improvements does it make?

No, this is not a new update.
You need this fpga upgrade if you use an image wich the latest linux kernel 3.1.1 like VIX 2.3.

Larry-G
20-04-12, 23:48
No, this is not a new update.
You need this fpga upgrade if you use an image wich the latest linux kernel 3.1.1 like VIX 2.3.

no thats not strictly correct. the FPGA update basically flashes the chip that control's the tuner card, fixing amongst other things the SR 30,000 problem that the Uno initially suffered. This upgrade is issued directly from Vu+ them selves.

Sicilian
21-04-12, 05:47
Foolproof way of doing this is flashing with official firmware
http://archive.vuplus.com/image/2012/7.0/vuplus-image-vuuno-20120203014857_usb.zip

Then do the fpga upgrade via plugins, once the FPGA upgrade program is open, press blue to download. This will then download the latest file to your temp folder, select it and press ok.

Markymark
21-04-12, 15:22
Will my box have been done for me as I bought it from the sponsor just after Christmas?

Larry-G
21-04-12, 15:25
The latest FPGA update v 4.4 was issued on the 14th of November 2011 so if you purchased after this time the sponsor should have flashed it for you. although it is a simple 5 minute job to do your self if needed.

kannanni
13-05-12, 23:48
Hi There,

I have a similar problem as the starter of this thread.

Tried to upgrade FPGA on my vu+uno and now have no picture on any satellite channels, signal is always fine/full but im no longer able to see/scan channels.
i have tried upgrading via usb and online from plugins.

i have been able to see logs from my vu+uno on telnet:

Setting BSR Configurations...

Loading BSR...
/
FSN:
\
Reading Security...
\
Performing Data Authentication...
|
Erase...
/
USER_UROW =
/
Programming UROW...
\
Failed UROW programming
/
root@vuuno:~#

this is where programming always stops at %37 saying succed but i know that wasnt succesfull.. i have tried loading original images via usb and serial with the same result: no channels

can someone please shed some light in what's going on and give me any advise in how to repair this issue ?

regards,
Kannanni