PDA

View Full Version : Newb help: Service Unavailable. Check Tuner Configuration

Yossarian
19-04-12, 19:52
Apologies for being such a newb. Just got my Vu+duo today, which came with Vix pre-installed thanks to WOS.

I am currently having a nightmare and getting "Service Unavailable. Check tuner configuration" constantly.

When I first got the box I went through the setup wizard, but was searching for the wrong satellite for some reason!

Anyway after looking through the forums I followed the guide that was available here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?16973-In-need-of-help-%29

I am using pretty much the exactly same config of:

configuration mode. Simple
Mode Single
Satellite 28.2E Eurobird 1..Astra 1N/2A/2B/2D
Send DiSEqC No.

I am only using one input so I have set the other one to not configured. I have tried doing a scan multiple times, both before and after loading Silverfox E2 bouquet. I have also do 2 factory resets just in case I had screwed something up at some point

When I do a scan it finds 1006 channels so it seems to be picking something up!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

basilyoung
19-04-12, 20:10
are you connecting to a sky dish??
is the tuner mode set to "simple" or advanced

lastly if you are not using a sky dish, are you sure is aligned to 28 east, rather than 19 east, which use in the main, the same freq settings
in fact, try a scan on 19 east..and see what happens

Yossarian
19-04-12, 20:27
Yeah it is plugged into a normal Sky dish, I have tried the 19 east, it found 297 channels but still ends up with the service unavailable message!

basilyoung
19-04-12, 20:31
sorry, I meant you to scan 19 east, if the dish was not a sky dish, but hey ho

I will give this some thought, and post back shortly

basilyoung
19-04-12, 20:34
go to setup, service searching
sat finder, select 28 east, and see what sig strength you are getting and report back

Yossarian
20-04-12, 08:32
Sorry I got called away yesterday evening. Will check it when I finish work and report back. Thanks for your help

Yossarian
20-04-12, 14:54
Woo weekend!

Anyway, the satfinder shows:

SNR : Pretty much 0% but jumps a couple of % randomly
AGC : 99%
BER : 0%

basilyoung
20-04-12, 21:29
that means, you either have a fualty coax cable/lnb ( poor connectors ) or your dish is,nt aligned correctly

Yossarian
21-04-12, 08:39
Bugger! Must be the box then because normal satellite works perfectly, and the sky box shows nearly full signal strength. Anyway thank you very much for your help!!

Sicilian
21-04-12, 09:06
I very much doubt that its the box as when you scan you're finding 1006 channels!

Double check what you have done.

Genie30190
22-04-12, 13:54
I am gettig the same problem, tuner config is OK. Proved continuity on Coax cable OK. Remade connections umpteen million times to no avail. The dish and quad lnb are both brand new as is the box. Got a sat-finder (konig) but it doesn't seem to draw any power from the box to work. Confused.com