PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Timer Conflict where one shouldn't be!

Vitrix
19-04-12, 15:09
I have a timer error on the xtrend ET9200 running VIX 2.3 when I set a timer to start on another channel directly after a previous recording has ended (one program finishes recording on Discovery HD at 20:00 and the other starts at 20:00 on Sky1HD) I have to set the end time of the previous recording to 1 min before the start time of the second recording to get it to record, I have disabled the timer buffer for before and after the recordings already but still get a conflicting timer error... anyone got any ideas? I only have 1 tuner enabled at the moment as dont have a second feed yet but this shouldn't make any difference.

Rob van der Does
19-04-12, 15:40
It is normal for a potential conflict to exist when the end-time of one recording is the same as the start-time of a second one. And you found the solution yourself: let the first one stop before the second one has to start!

Vitrix
19-04-12, 15:59
Thats not how I remember other timer solutions handling such situations surely there should be a way to set it so that for example if the end time is 20:00 and the start time is 20:00 the timer will set the start of the new recording to like 20:00:05s or similar ? Thanks for the clarification though, seems a bit of a clunky solution though!

Rob van der Does
19-04-12, 16:06
Seconds can't be set in timers. As far as I know this has always been the case in Enigma2, but when having multiple tuners one is less likely to run into this.

Vitrix
19-04-12, 16:43
Yeah thats fair enough, shame there is no work around, other than manually setting the timer to finish early, however I did just notice by setting a recording while your watching something if you have a timer already set it will end that recording early to accommodate that, mmm

Rob van der Does
19-04-12, 17:27
..... if you have a timer already set it will end that recording early to accommodate that, mmm
Well, you wouldn't want that automated for timers, would you? That's why the timer-conflict-manager comes up, asking what you want to do in case of a conflict.

Vitrix
19-04-12, 22:00
True enough, just the principle is the same as what I'm trying to achieve, Thanks for your help!