PDA

View Full Version : usb saorview stick

jordie
19-04-12, 12:07
does anyone know of any cheap ones that will work for irish saorview?

judge
19-04-12, 12:25
does anyone know of any cheap ones that will work for irish saorview?

The Nova T works almost perfectly for saorview.
Almost meaning that it can cause slowdowns when fast zapping through channels, but it does display & record saorview perfectly.
The site sponsor should have some.

jfk
19-04-12, 21:19
I have nova T but never use it because i needed an external antennae before it will work( dublin 15 area) one of my friend is using Nova T and work like charm.

dfdream
20-04-12, 08:40
Jordie.
Unfortunately no one can tell you that any DTT Tuner works perfectly in the Duo.
If you search the forums for nearly all VU Images you will see that the results are very mixed with them.
Even users with issues with DTT on VU say that they dont have the same issues with DMs. Dont know why !
I tried 3 different usb sticks in both Duo and Solo and if you had lots of recordings going from the USB tuner it would inevitably lock up the tuner requiring a reboot.
I have got around this problem nearly completely by moving some of the programs I recorded on the DTT to the Solo to record and rebooting the box nightly.

If you want to record alot (3-4 progs a night) off DTT you will nearly 100% have a problem within a day or 2 requiring a reboot and you will loose some of the recordings if you dont notice the usb tuner is offline.

Id like to see if the guys with Ultimos and DTT tuner are getting on any better.....

jordie
20-04-12, 13:47
thanks everyone, i dont even know if i will be looking to record too much, its mainly just to have the rte 2 hd channel

judge
20-04-12, 14:06
thanks everyone, i dont even know if i will be looking to record too much, its mainly just to have the rte 2 hd channel

Well the Nova T is perfect for RTE2 HD, both recording & watching.