PDA

View Full Version : What should I be manually updating?

gardener
18-04-12, 14:26
I got my reciever up and running nicely now and I am really happy however, I just wonder what I should be updating on it myself and what updates automatically on it e.g image,settings,drivers etc.
Also on the software that I need to update myself, could someone tell me how I do that?
Many Thanks

Sandman
18-04-12, 14:40
I got my reciever up and running nicely now and I am really happy however, I just wonder what I should be updating on it myself and what updates automatically on it e.g image,settings,drivers etc.
Also on the software that I need to update myself, could someone tell me how I do that?
Many Thanks

Nothing will update automatically unless you set it to do so! (and most things can't be automated!)

Things you should keep up to date with -

1. EPG - set this to download daily at a convenient time, eg. 4am
2. channel bouquets - these are generally released monthly or when new channel updates / major moves happen
3. picons - as above...generally monthly and include new channels and changes

These are 3 of the main updates I perform!

What receiver do you have? Do you already do any of the above?

Larry-G
18-04-12, 14:41
First thing would be to back the image up so that if things go wrong you can return to the current working setup.

as for your question, you only really need to manually update bouquets and picons as and when there released. other than that if your using ViX you will see a green icon flashing when a image update is ready, you can update hardware drivers for the receiver manually when there released on wait for us to test them and release them in a image update.

mcquaim
18-04-12, 14:43
Hi there,

All setups are different depending on your needs..

Did you manage to set up the Duo yourself? If so then that is pretty much all you need..

Anything specific you are thinking?

Cheers,
mcquaim

gardener
18-04-12, 14:57
Thnx for the info all:). I didn't really have anything in mind tbh, I was just checking there wasn't anyhting major important I should be updating by myself.
Btw how do I backup my image lol? (I'm still very much learning atm)

Sandman
18-04-12, 15:19
Thnx for the info all:). I didn't really have anything in mind tbh, I was just checking there wasn't anyhting major important I should be updating by myself.
Btw how do I backup my image lol? (I'm still very much learning atm)

Menu --> Setup --> ViX --> Backup Manager --> green (New Backup)

Larry-G
18-04-12, 15:56
Menu --> Setup --> ViX --> Backup Manager --> green (New Backup)

Correct that will create a .ipk file containing a backup of the current configuration, such as bouquet settings etc. However to make a complete image backup that you can flash back to the receiver in the same way as a standard image. Blue button > ViX > Image Manager and go from there.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2