PDA

View Full Version : Help with Image Install ATTEMPT TWO Vu+ Solo VIX

davexb
18-04-12, 14:11
I have raised this again in desperation - probably broken a rule or two - SORRY. :confused:

I must be under a fundamental misconception here as I had VIX working initially (installed with it)

I than loaded Blackhole just to check it out. I preferred VIX so I successfully installed that.

I couldn't however get the CCCamworking - which had worked before.

I then tried reloading VIX but it didn't work.

Up until then I hadn't flashed the boot loader just done the image load.

ANy way I am now unable to get VIX reloaded.

I boot up with the boot loader flash. cfe_solo_2.0.zip

When the green LED flashes I turn it off and then boot with the ViX-2.3.153-vusolo_usb image.

It boots - when the green light flashes I turn it off, remove the USB Stick.

After a few minutes I get a green flashing LED again. I then restart it but nothing is working.

I cannot even see the HDMI input on my TV.

WHen I turn off each time it restarts with the RED LED the after a while goes to flashing green LED.

Help please. (wish I hadn't sold my Spiderbox now - everything I did on there worked Fine)

Sicilian
18-04-12, 15:05
Try this, do flash bootloader, just flash this image here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14235-Vu-Solo-ViX-2-3-%28Linux-3-1-1%29-Image-Release-s

In second post of that thread ViX-2.3.204 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14325&d=1327769122).

How to flash http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1148-How-to-flash-your-VU-Solo-with-USB-stick

You need to extract the zip file that contains the image to your desktop then copy vuplus folder to the root of your usb stick.

So you will have a folder that says vuplus, inside that a folder called solo, inside the solo folder you should have 3 files names as follows: -

kernel_cfe_auto.bin
reboot.update
root_cfe_auto.jffs2

davexb
19-04-12, 10:18
Hi Sicilian,

Thanks - I have done that a number of times.

BUT I will try once more.

Is there another related problem maybe as I now can not see the 'HDMI' option on my TV for the Vu+ Box?

Big thanks I will try again this evening.

WHilst I am a Satellite newbie I am a Computer programmer and the simplicity of this process and the fact it doesn't work baffles me?

I cannot hel thinking that I am missing something somewhere that everybody else knows and does or allows for or something.

I was programming Unix boxes twenty plus years ago and cannot upload a simple image file - BAH!!!

Thnaks again

satmanbasil
19-04-12, 23:31
Hi mate

First when you install a new image are you doing this through the front usb port ? also do you have any usb sticks for picons in the rear port if so remove them. You say you cannot see the hdmi , when you install a new image you should see this if all connected, the setup wizzard where you choose what option hdmi scart etc is your tv connected to the right hdmi socket.
I remember in early days some tv's had a problem in the setup with hdmi so i used to have a scart connected as well just incase the hdmi screen didnt connect at first so u could switch to scart and choose the right HDMI 720p 1080p etc which might be the problem.
when you get the green flashing light after the image has loaded do you hold in the reset button on the rear and remove the usb stick then release the button and wait ? or does it start flashing rapid again?
anyway im sure we will get you going the more info u give back on your process files ur using etc will help us understand the problem

regards
satmanbasil

davexb
21-04-12, 09:56
Hi Satmanbasil

Thanks for your reply and interest - it really is appreciated.
I have been installing through the USB in the front panel with NO stick in the rear (so to speak)
(CAN I say that have successfully installed bith VIX and BH Images on this box but because I couldn't get the CCcam to work I tried reinstalling again and have been through the process a few times. Now I can no longer get the image install to work)

Previously the HDMI input was always visible now it's NOT. I havve tried SCART as well - no difference.

When I get the green flashing light I power off (remove the plug?) and restart. Each time it comes to a point whhere the green light is flashing. But there is no HDMI or SCART visible on my TV. Though pushing buttons on the remote initially causes the LED to flicker ?????

Every time I reboot it just ends up with the green LED Flashing.

Cheers

Davexb

davexb
21-04-12, 09:57
I am really gutted I sold my Spidebox - limited but at least it worked for me.

pazza07
03-05-12, 12:25
Hi Satmanbasil

Thanks for your reply and interest - it really is appreciated.
I have been installing through the USB in the front panel with NO stick in the rear (so to speak)
(CAN I say that have successfully installed bith VIX and BH Images on this box but because I couldn't get the CCcam to work I tried reinstalling again and have been through the process a few times. Now I can no longer get the image install to work)

Previously the HDMI input was always visible now it's NOT. I havve tried SCART as well - no difference.

When I get the green flashing light I power off (remove the plug?) and restart. Each time it comes to a point whhere the green light is flashing. But there is no HDMI or SCART visible on my TV. Though pushing buttons on the remote initially causes the LED to flicker ?????

Every time I reboot it just ends up with the green LED Flashing.

Cheers

Davexb

Hi, i had a similar problem, i ended up flashing a much older image first then upgraded to the latest kernal then installed the latest image. This worked for me, i don't know why, just did.

davexb
03-05-12, 12:33
Yes to my relief it worked well for me too after much time wasted thinking i was an idiot.

Don't say it.

Thanks for you help.