PDA

View Full Version : Is two VU boxes on one minidish possible?

dsbpaul
18-04-12, 13:51
I've searched wide on the site and can't find a definitive answer on this. I have a VU Duo downstairs which uses the dual LNBs from my minidish. I've had a nightmare with RF emulator trying to get upstairs working so am now considering buying a cheap Solo for upstairs which would give me a multi room effect.

Is this possible? Would I need an installer to come along?

Thanks for any help on this

Donnie
18-04-12, 14:00
Just fit a quad lnb and you will have 4 feeds, I have 3 box's connected to my mini dish.
It really is a DIY job as long as you can access the dish OK.

JimboM
18-04-12, 14:01
If it was me' I'd swap out the dual LNBs for a single quad lnb. Leave the 2 feeds running to downstairs for the DUOs twin tuners and put a need feed in for the box upstairs. Dead simple job and more than do-able yourself

dsbpaul
18-04-12, 14:07
Cheers lads. There's a Vu Solo ending soon on the bay, currently bidding at £100 so I'll try to get that. Thanks again

Trial
18-04-12, 14:22
Hi,
when you are using the Solo only when the Duo is in standby or at least one tuner free the plugin Partnerbox and a network connection would also be a solution without changing anything with your dish.

Or if you use PLi/VIX you can simply "borrow" the bouquets/favorites and tuner from the other box.

ciao

Larry-G
18-04-12, 14:43
personally i use a standard sky dish with a octo ( 8 feeds ) lnb, I also use another sky dish with a quad lnb and a motorized dish with a twin lnb.