PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Solo mount network drive and question about CCcam

rasod
18-04-12, 10:01
Hi guys, I'm about to buy a Vu+Solo. Today I have a Vu+Duo and a Dreambox 800HD which both have installed diskdrives.
With the images for Vu+Solo ( I prefer to use VIX image since that is what I have on the VUDuo ) is it possible to mount the diskdrives from the Dreambox and the Vu+Duo to watch the recorded material ?
I'm planning to use the Dreambox as CCcam server, is the CCcam working OK with the Vu+Solo ?
Would you recommend any other type of receiver instead of the Vu+Solo ?

Thanks in advance !

/ Regards

dfdream
18-04-12, 15:35
I have similar setup and it works flawlessly.

I have a usb stick in Solo for EPG and PICONS and have the default movies folder pointing to the movies folder in my Duos HDD.
So I can record on the solo directly to the DUO and play back recordings done on any box from the solo.
The only thing to make sure is that the Duo (one where recordings will go) is always on because the solo would get confused as to where its mount to record to is gone.
The solo will do all the things you want and I find its really really stable (you wont go wrong with this box). If they were a little cheaper Id have more of them.
Also the advantage of the solo if you have other VUs is that they all look and feel the same.

rasod
18-04-12, 16:38
Hi dfdream, do you have any experience with Vu+Solo and CCcam ?

/ rasod

Larry-G
18-04-12, 16:49
I would advise you go back and read the rules, we can help you setup a a soft cam to read your card but we won't help you setup any form of server even if it's only for your own internal use.

Sandman
18-04-12, 16:50
Hi dfdream, do you have any experience with Vu+Solo and CCcam ?

/ rasod

Yes you can use CCcam with your Solo and set an N line, C line or both to your Dreambox but thats all we can say here!

rasod
18-04-12, 17:25
OK, I know about the rules but I thought that my question was OK. Thanks guys !

/rasod

denizsena
23-05-12, 16:22
thank you my