PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Stopped Recording

Tryharder
16-04-12, 12:00
I have a Clark-tech et9000 with Tuner A motorised and Tuner B fixed on 28.2e everything has been fine but suddenly it won't record ! I have 800gig of space on my IHDD so it can't be that..I have checked the settings and nothing seems to have changed there! But whether I try to do a manual recording or a selected one from the guide i end up with nothing although a box appears on screen to say a recording has started and the program is added to the file list but when i come to watch it there isn't anything recorded...The one thing I have done recently was when a message came up onto the screen and said there was a newer version of Media Player and did i want to update it..to which i said yes.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what the problem could be or should i re-install the Image ?

Thanks.........

rgds.Tryharder

Maxwell
16-04-12, 12:03
check the mediaplayer location is set to /hdd/movie

Tryharder
16-04-12, 12:25
Just checked this is what i get..........Menu>setup>system>recording settings>Default Movie Location>HDD/Movie...........Timer Recording Location>HDD/Movie

rgds.Tryharder

Maxwell
16-04-12, 12:54
sorry I meant in the mediaplayer not in system settings, bring up movie filelist then yellow button and select /hdd/movie

Tryharder
16-04-12, 14:16
OK..done that it said..'Other' so i selected /hdd/movie as you said.....then selected something i had recorded earlier pressed the yellow button and it was on 'Other' again !! I assumed that was the location of the recording? or is that just the default when you actually bring it up? How do you set hdd/movie as the default?

Thanks for the help by the way...

rgds.Tryharder

Maxwell
16-04-12, 15:31
its just the default as you enter the menu, once you have selected /hdd/movie press ok and it should display your recording list, this should remain as the default then unless you change it manually again, to play one scroll up and down and press ok on the one you want.

Tryharder
16-04-12, 15:54
Thanks for your help Maxwell....Iv'e done what you said and i will put it to the test tonight....

rgds. Tryharder

Tryharder
17-04-12, 15:07
OK...nothings changed. I selected 2 programs at different times via the guide and green button it came up on screen that a recording had started (on each occasion) pressed play this morning (as they are there in the movie list) and a big fat zero........There are no actual recordings.... I then tried restoring the settings from a month ago but that didn't help at all...... so I have just re-flashed the image and restored the settings from the Backup Manager..... Project Valerie is still not available and after trying to record a program in the same manner i have had the same result!!!!!!!!!!
What would you suggest I try next mate?. Iv'e thought maybe do a re-flash again but don't restore any settings from the back up manager!

rgds.Tryharder

Sicilian
17-04-12, 15:54
I would check the HDD, seen something similar, ended up being fualty HDD.

First re-flash and re-initialise your HDD, you will loose all data.

Tkr001
17-04-12, 18:44
I too get this but only very very occaisionally, not every recording.

Tryharder
23-04-12, 11:52
OK here is an update.....I was reluctant to do a full initialization of the HDD unless all else failed and you would think that the hard drive either works or doesn't and as i could still watch stuff already recorded then i felt the problem may lay elsewhere.......So i have re-flashed the Image once again re-installed Program Valerie and selected a settings backup from February. When it said there was a later version of Media Player i said NO and when it asked if i wished to update PV i said NO again..............I can now record again although PV won't now play my music off an external Hard Drive that I have plugged in although it is syncronised with the box...........

Thanks for the input and hope this helps anyone else with similar problems in the future...

rgds.Tryharder