PDA

View Full Version : Help with image install please

davexb
14-04-12, 14:51
I hope this is the right place to ask this - I'm totaly new here and struggling.

In the VU+solo VIX image section

There are two download links.

VIX-2.3.133-vusolo-usb.zip

and

VIX-2..GM-vusolo-usb.zip

Would some kind person explain what these are precisely and how to install them.

I have tried to get my cccam working and done several re-installs but keep getting a RED circle so I must be doing the install wrong i believe.

Thanks

Stanman
14-04-12, 15:34
GM was the first release and 133 is the image with all subsequent updates already incorporated into it.

As for the red button - not due to image more likely your config is not correct.

Larry-G
14-04-12, 15:45
GM stands for Golden Master and is a term widely used within the software development scene to indicate that the software in question has passed through all the various rounds of testing and has been certified as fit for public release. all subsequent releases after this point have their relevant build numbers included within the title. The higher that build number the newer the image. for example the current newest public image is 2.3-204 this indicates it is the 204th build of the 2.3 image. Hope this clears a few things up for you.

davexb
14-04-12, 16:24
Thanks for getting back with that.

Can you help explain please. (yes there are more questions)

I need to flash the boot loader cfe_solo_2.0.zip

then turn the machine off and install the image. ViX-2.3.133-vusolo_usb.zip

Then cccam install

Does that sound right?

Thanks

Larry-G
14-04-12, 16:28
yes that sounds about rite if you wish to flash to and stay on ViX 2.3-133.

davexb
15-04-12, 09:35
Thanks for getting back.

I must be under a fundamental misconception here as I had VIX working initially (installed with it)

I than loaded Blackhole just to check it out. I preferred VIX so I successfully installed that.

I couldn't however get the CCCamworking - which had worked before.

I then tried reloading VIX but it didn't work.

Up until then I hadn't flashed the boot loader just done the image load.

ANy way I am now unable to get VIX reloaded.

I boot up with the boot loader flash. cfe_solo_2.0.zip

When the green LED flashes I turn it off and then boot with the ViX-2.3.153-vusolo_usb image.

It boots - when the green light flashes I turn it off, remove the USB Stick.

After a few minutes I get a green flashing LED again. I then restart it but nothing is working.

I cannot even see the HDMI input on my TV.

I am obviously doing something very fundamentally wrong here as it does not appear to be rocket science.

I would appreciate any help - I know it must be irrating for experienced pople to deal with newbies
who seem to be technically retarded.

Thanks